Putin's Religious Mission Rooted in History

Started by King Wenceslas, March 09, 2022, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

For those who only see what is going on in the Russia-Ukraine war as Russia good, Ukraine and West evil don't waste your time viewing this.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAVZ3XsqIL4[/yt]

As some have stated:  All wars in the deepest sense are caused by religion.

Maximilian

This video is interesting, informative and not anti-Russian.

One interesting new thing I learned: Russia is a lot like Japan in the way they adopt cultures from all over the world but then put their own unique stamp on them. The author says that this gives the Russians a sense that their culture is universal.

King Wenceslas

As stated in the pod the 70 years of Communism was nothing but foreign ideas impressed upon Russia from the West. Once communism was gone it was and is gone forever.

Essentially it is the predominant culture of the "We" in Russia based on Orthodox Christianity versus the "I" in Ukraine based on the Western view of man due to the enlightenment and Protestantism. The "I" pervades the Western social and political culture as personified in abortion, sodomy, and wokeism. This will never fly in Russia with Aleksandr Gelyevich Dugin and other current and past Russian philosophers having the ear of Putin.

An insurmountable philosophical gulf divides the East and West 30 years after the fall of the Soviet empire.

The war in Ukraine has sprung forth from this great divide.

Maximilian

Oh wow, the guy being interviewed is Gary Lachman, former guitarist for the rock band Blondie, and author of the book, Turn Off Your Mind: The Mystic Sixties and the Dark Side of the Age of Aquarius.