Author Topic: Is it immoral to decline the vaxx if you will lose your job over it?  (Read 1689 times)

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
I know some people who claim that they would rather get fired than jabbed. I pointed out to one of them that his wife and kids are relying on his income and he said "If I lose my house, that's fine. God will provide."
I think there's a fine line between standing up for your beliefs and station-of-life suicide.

Offline ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• Vizekorporal
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Is it immoral to decline the vaxx if you will lose your job over it?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2021, 03:49:47 PM »
I know some people who claim that they would rather get fired than jabbed. I pointed out to one of them that his wife and kids are relying on his income and he said "If I lose my house, that's fine. God will provide."
I think there's a fine line between standing up for your beliefs and station-of-life suicide.

Calling it "station-of-life suicide" is melodramatic, and you know it.

This jab doesn't prevent severe illness or death, so its use isn't justifiable according to the ordinary logic of remote cooperation permissibility.

You are suggesting that workers should cooperate with the sin of abortion to earn money--a tradeoff that has never been proposed by any serious moral theologian.

The difference between taking this jab to keep one's job and getting a job at Planned Parenthood is a difference of degree, not kind.

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2021, 04:18:16 PM »
Tough call.  I'd say at least try other options like religious exemption.  On the other hand, there's some immorality in rolling over to make your life easier also.  How about: "You have to let your kid listen to Tranny Story Hour or you lose you job.".  How about, "It's just a little mark on your hand so you can buy things."  The pinch of incense is the nose of the camel.  Wait until Social Credit comes out as Covid Passport 2.0.

I wouldn't judge a dude that got vaxxed.  He's in a tough spot.  On the other hand, if this is his line and he's making his stand, I have a lot of respect for him.

TL; DR: No, not immoral.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: St. Drogo, diaduit, MundaCorMeum, Melkor, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2021, 04:29:03 PM »
A person who got jabbed months ago has no respect or standing. from me, to make this claim.

Classic case of The Fox Who Lost His Tail, by Aesop.

The following users thanked this post: diaduit

Offline queen.saints

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2021, 04:55:51 PM »
You’re so blessed to know people like that.
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.

The following users thanked this post: james03, diaduit, Christe Eleison, Melkor, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2021, 04:57:36 PM »
Update:

I'm not up on the abortion part of the vax since I'm not getting vaxxed.  If it is immoral, then he's going to have to lose his house if it comes to it.  Christ First.  Christ Always.  Christ Forever.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson, diaduit, Prayerful, MundaCorMeum

Offline King Wenceslas

• What we do in life echoes in eternity.
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 01:23:47 PM »

Sounds fine until you consider what the early first, second, and third century Christians went through for Christ. If they thought the same way you do there would have been no early martyrs.

O it is only a little pinch of incense. It really doesn't mean anything.

The following users thanked this post: Kathleen, diaduit, Prayerful, Christe Eleison

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »
If it gets REALLY awful I would probably take the vaccine.

But it would have to get really awful.  (Like my family being threatened with separation or camps)  I am not going to take it for a Spanish holiday.

I think currently that level awfulness won't ever arrive.  They are too disorganised and their announcements chaotic.  There are "rules" but there are lots of loopholes as well.

For the last 18 months it has been between zero effect to mildly annoying.  I believe Covid will linger, become a new flu type endemic disease and people will simply get bored and accept it.  The Governments of the world will move on to some other form of fear, whether that is war or economics.

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 01:51:19 PM »
For the last 18 months it has been between zero effect to mildly annoying.  I believe Covid will linger, become a new flu type endemic disease and people will simply get bored and accept it.  The Governments of the world will move on to some other form of fear, whether that is war or economics.

Global warming.  If you watched the news prior to 2020, you would have thought that the Amazon rainforest fire was going to burn up all of the available oxygen in the atmosphere and Earth would turn into a Venus-like hellscape sometime this decade.

The PTB have identified the compliant people--marked them, even--with the experimental jabs.  These are the ones who would willingly suffer brownouts, mandated vegetarianism, and travel restrictions once those things are blessed by the useful idiots in the woke mob.

These people have been excluded from normal human contact for almost two years.  They'll accept whatever the television tells them to accept.

And when the time is right, the PTB will engineer a supply chain breakdown that makes the Holodomor look like a fad diet.

The following users thanked this post: MaximGun

Offline MundaCorMeum

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 01:57:56 PM »
Update:

I'm not up on the abortion part of the vax since I'm not getting vaxxed.  If it is immoral, then he's going to have to lose his house if it comes to it.  Christ First.  Christ Always.  Christ Forever.

Stealing this motto/mantra, and teaching it to my kids....and maybe even putting it on a plaque to hang in my home
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:59:38 PM by MundaCorMeum »

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Michael Wilson

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2021, 02:18:10 PM »
Global warming.  If you watched the news prior to 2020, you would have thought that the Amazon rainforest fire was going to burn up all of the available oxygen in the atmosphere and Earth would turn into a Venus-like hellscape sometime this decade.

The PTB have identified the compliant people--marked them, even--with the experimental jabs.  These are the ones who would willingly suffer brownouts, mandated vegetarianism, and travel restrictions once those things are blessed by the useful idiots in the woke mob.

Strikes me that they have also lined them up like pins for God's providential bowling alley.

A few billion useful idiots all chemically adjusted.  Seems like a great opportunity to get the job done without getting any blame.

• Vizekorporal
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2021, 02:38:40 PM »
Strikes me that they have also lined them up like pins for God's providential bowling alley.

The bad guys aren't omniscient, but their enemy is.

The Rosaries and sacrifices of millions obtained another astonishing intervention. For that same night the Soviets’ new long-range A-bomb missile unexpectedly blew up during a test, killing three hundred top military leaders and scientists. This set back Russia’s nuclear program twenty years.

https://www.thecatholicmonitor.com/2016/12/rosary-saved-usa-and-ussr-from-nuclear.html

The following users thanked this post: Michael Wilson

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2021, 02:48:45 PM »
What if every human being took the vaccine without a fight by Christmas.  What happens after that? Do we go back to normal?  what is the next stage of the whole Covid process after everyone gets vaccinated? What, the last two years would just be a chapter in a history book? 

No way do all the governments of the world work hand in glove towards pfizer making billions.  Its just too much effort, too much resources, too much organisation, for little reward for the individual politicians. There has to be an overall agenda.

Now if you believe like I do that the prophecy in the bible in the Book of Revelations, we are heading towards a NWO under Satan's influence that will enslave every human being and they will live like miserable rats in urban hell holes to work unceasingly for the cabal who will outlaw faith, families, monogamy,  then losing one's home and hiding in the forest is a 5 star alternative to eternal misery and eternity in hell.

The following users thanked this post: Kathleen, Michael Wilson, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
What I have noticed from those who took the vaccine, is an almost tangible irritation and anger at those who refuse it and I put it down to jealousy that we have taken the stand and mean it and a shame in their own weakness being shown up by our own steadfastness.  Akin to the novus ordo lukewarm Catholics attacking like dogs, those of us who take our religion seriously, have tons of kids and live frugal lives and take the mocking that comes with loving Christ.

The following users thanked this post: Kathleen, Michael Wilson, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline james03

• Major
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2021, 03:35:57 PM »
Do you all have the saying "crabs in a bucket" over in Ireland?