Hockey Question

Started by red solo cup, September 13, 2021, 01:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

I have a buddy who loves putting people on. He played hockey in High School and claims they used a lead puck in practice to build up arm and wrist strength. I doubt this. Is he putting me on? Couldn't find anything on Google.  Any hockey players have the answer? Canadians?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Optatus

Weighted pucks are pretty common for practicing stickhandling, even for kids. Look up "green biscuit puck".

red solo cup

I took a look at this. Is says it's for practice on rough surfaces but there's no mention of it being weighted.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Christina_S

From Wikipedia:
QuoteThere are several variations on the standard black, 6-ounce (170 g) hockey puck. One of the most common is a blue, 4-ounce (110 g) puck that is used for training younger players who are not yet able to use a standard puck. Heavier 10-ounce (280 g) training pucks, typically reddish pink or reddish orange in colour, are also available for players looking to develop the strength of their shots or improve their stick handling skills. Players looking to increase wrist strength often practice with steel pucks that weigh 2 pounds (910 g); these pucks are not used for shooting, as they could seriously harm other players. White pucks are used for goaltender practice. These are regulation size and weight, but made from white rubber. A hollow, light-weight fluorescent orange puck is available for road or floor hockey. Other variants, some with plastic ball-bearings or glides, are available for use for road or roller hockey.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

LausTibiChriste

We used weighted pucks and weighted sticks in practice all the time. May not have been lead tho. Parachutes for speed skating too.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie