Discontinuance poll

Started by Mono no aware, June 21, 2021, 09:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanis

Quote from: Jayne on June 21, 2021, 10:07:54 AM
This poll is indeed "entirely stupid" and goes against long-standing forum policy.
Please note: I was unaware of this policy as it is not in the rules and this didn't happen last time I was here that I can find or remember.

Over the years, Pon has repeatedly lobbied for a "perma-ban poll" and been shot down by moderators and other forum members.  I am disappointed that Insanis is cooperating with him. 
I didn't know. My interactions with him came after this post and I previously had no awareness of him. This poll idea came up in a context where there was no serious discussion on important matters, and I must have overlooked this.

This poll making is not offensive to me though, and I much prefer it to the other posts that could be made.

The only good thing about it is that it proves the absurdity of the false claim that I am manipulating or controlling Insanis.  Rest assured that if I really did have such influence on Insanis he would not be going along with this nonsense.

Not being exposed to the history, to me, it seems like harmless nonsense.

I thought the poll would be in the place with the others and be worded quite differently.

I didn't know this was a "thing" on this forum.

And if this behaviour of his is so bad, why is he still here? It seems to be yet another instance of something officially condemned, yet, tolerated, and I'd rather forum poll making be tolerated than the rest. This forum isn't active enough for me to protest these kinds of things. It is not like it is in a forum where theological or doctrinal subjects are suitable and this particular subforum already had a "ban Insanis" thread with false accusations, so in light of all I have experienced, I'm not going to protest it, even if I didn't like it, it would be so far down on a list, this forum would have to be cleaned up severely for me to even consider it as something I would think to protest.

I'm content for posts not to contain blasphemy, heresies, or anti-Catholic trolling, and to have polls, threads, and responses about me that aren't making accusations of sin or grave errors.

To me, this kind of thing is a breath of fresh air actually.

If the rules stated back then are enforced, I'd be happy, but I'd start with the other precedents and then work up to this.

Mono no aware

This forum would be improved if Pon de Replay either left or stopped expressing his anti-Catholic views.  For this to happen, all that is required is enforcement of existing forum rules.  This poll is indeed "entirely stupid" and goes against long-standing forum policy.

Over the years, Pon has repeatedly lobbied for a "perma-ban poll" and been shot down by moderators and other forum members.  I am disappointed that Insanis is cooperating with him.  The only good thing about it is that it proves the absurdity of the false claim that I am manipulating or controlling Insanis.  Rest assured that if I really did have such influence on Insanis he would not be going along with this nonsense.

Do shut up.

Insanis

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:17:21 AM
Well, then you have ruined the point of it.  It is nearly a futile exercise; it will be useful only in the event that option 2 or option 3 prevail, at least for mikemac, and the woman who sent him PMs complaining about me, and the rest of what may be a silent minority. 

Quote from: Ecclesiastes 1:2-11

Vanity of vanities, said Ecclesiastes vanity of vanities, and all is vanity.  What hath a man more of all his labour, that he taketh under the sun? One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth standeth for ever. The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place: and there rising again,

Maketh his round by the south, and turneth again to the north: the spirit goeth forward surveying all places round about, and returneth to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea doth not overflow: unto the place from whence the rivers come, they return, to flow again. All things are hard: man cannot explain them by word. The eye is not filled with seeing, neither is the ear filled with hearing. What is it that hath been? the same thing that shall be. What is it that hath been done? the same that shall be done. Nothing under the sun is new, neither is any man able to say: Behold this is new: for it hath already gone before in the ages that were before us.

There is no remembrance of former things: nor indeed of those things which hereafter are to come, shall there be any remembrance with them that shall be in the latter end.

Insanis

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:21:21 AM
This forum would be improved if Pon de Replay either left or stopped expressing his anti-Catholic views.  For this to happen, all that is required is enforcement of existing forum rules.  This poll is indeed "entirely stupid" and goes against long-standing forum policy.

Over the years, Pon has repeatedly lobbied for a "perma-ban poll" and been shot down by moderators and other forum members.  I am disappointed that Insanis is cooperating with him.  The only good thing about it is that it proves the absurdity of the false claim that I am manipulating or controlling Insanis.  Rest assured that if I really did have such influence on Insanis he would not be going along with this nonsense.

Do shut up.

She may disagree with me on this, and I disagree with her on some things, but please be measured: that was not a good thing to say to her.

If you go beyond the bounds of reasonable discourse, I'll be forced to put on my...whatever a suitable metaphor is for getting very serious.

This is a forum and it is for posting and discussion, and that is why I said starting new threads, even this poll, is something I won't discourage.

If you ask worthy posters to cease posting, then you will have ruined my reasoning.

Jayne

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:17:21 AM
Previous policy is that the admin will not honor the results of "should such-and-such be banned?" polls.  There is no existing policy on a poll such as this one, in which both candidates willingly state they will self-exile if they lose.  And why would there be?  It is indeed, as you say, "whimsical and inoffensive."

Any form of "perma-ban poll" that you ever suggested met with the same result.

Quote from: Penelope on June 18, 2015, 11:44:30 PM
This entire discussion is inane. Yes, I'd green-font lock such a poll.

It was not simply that they would not honour the result.  They did not want the poll to happen.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Mono no aware

You have cited, Insanis, a beautifully pessimistic and nilhilistic portion of that most Sadducean books of the Hebrew bible, and it negates not only this poll, but everything else.  The wisdom of Solomon.  Granted, you believe in a resurrection body.  But, in that case it should be useful to you to heed the results of this poll and self-exile if option 1 prevails.  It will be showing you that the atmosphere of the forum is more congenial to a non-Catholic such as myself than a malleus haereticorum such as yourself, and you should "shake the dust off your feet" and leave that town.

Jayne, kindly make your own thread.  Gracias.

Jayne

Writing about this thread being wrong and stupid is on topic.  I can post it here if I want.

Insanis

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:33:47 AM
You have cited, Insanis, a beautifully pessimistic and nilhilistic portion of that most Sadducean books of the Hebrew bible, and it negates not only this poll, but everything else.  The wisdom of Solomon.  Granted, you believe in a resurrection body.  But, in that case it should be useful to you to heed the results of this poll and self-exile if option 1 prevails.  It will be showing you that the atmosphere of the forum is more congenial to a non-Catholic such as I than a malleus haereticorum such as yourself, and you should "shake the dust off your feet" and leave that town.

While I viewed the forum "ban polls" as harmless, I still am me: I do not tolerate blasphemy, heresy, or non-Catholic trolling and this post contains seemingly blasphemous statements about Holy Scripture (nihilistic), disrespect for Catholic doctrine (treating the Resurrection as a personal belief), inappropriate scriptural references (shake the dust off) for a novel interpretation.

Do not quote scripture with your personal interpretations and do not defile scripture which reflects a wonderful and optimistic reflection on the nature of this world in comparison to eternity.

While reading scripture without a firm guidance is discouraged and often harmful, you are already familiar, and I suggest you read and reflect on this and cease all commentary related to Catholic doctrine:

Quote from: Luke 12And when great multitudes stood about him, so that they trod one upon another, he began to say to his disciples: Beware ye of the leaven of the Pharisees, which is hypocrisy. For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed: nor hidden, that shall not be known. For whatsoever things you have spoken in darkness, shall be published in the light: and that which you have spoken in the ear in the chambers, shall be preached on the housetops. And I say to you, my friends: Be not afraid of them who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will shew you whom you shall fear: fear ye him, who after he hath killed, hath power to cast into hell. Yea, I say to you, fear him.

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? Yea, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: you are of more value than many sparrows. And I say to you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God. But he that shall deny me before men, shall be denied before the angels of God.  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but to him that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven.

And when they shall bring you into the synagogues, and to magistrates and powers, be not solicitous how or what you shall answer, or what you shall say;  For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what you must say. And one of the multitude said to him: Master, speak to my brother that he divide the inheritance with me.  But he said to him: Man, who hath appointed me judge, or divider, over you? And he said to them: Take heed and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life doth not consist in the abundance of things which he possesseth.

And he spoke a similitude to them, saying: The land of a certain rich man brought forth plenty of fruits. And he thought within himself, saying: What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? And he said: This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and will build greater; and into them will I gather all things that are grown to me, and my goods. And I will say to my soul: Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years take thy rest; eat, drink, make good cheer. But God said to him: Thou fool, this night do they require thy soul of thee: and whose shall those things be which thou hast provided?

So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich towards God. And he said to his disciples: Therefore I say to you, be not solicitous for your life, what you shall eat; nor for your body, what you shall put on. The life is more than the meat, and the body is more than the raiment. Consider the ravens, for they sow not, neither do they reap, neither have they storehouse nor barn, and God feedeth them. How much are you more valuable than they? And which of you, by taking thought, can add to his stature one cubit?

If then ye be not able to do so much as the least thing, why are you solicitous for the rest? Consider the lilies, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin. But I say to you, not even Solomon in all his glory was clothed like one of these. Now if God clothe in this manner the grass that is today in the field, and tomorrow is cast into the oven; how much more you, O ye of little faith? And seek not you what you shall eat, or what you shall drink: and be not lifted up on high. For all these things do the nations of the world seek. But your Father knoweth that you have need of these things.

But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you. Fear not, little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom. Sell what you possess and give alms. Make to yourselves bags which grow not old, a treasure in heaven which faileth not: where no thief approacheth, nor moth corrupteth. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Let your loins be girt, and lamps burning in your hands.

And you yourselves like to men who wait for their lord, when he shall return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open to him immediately. Blessed are those servants, whom the Lord when he cometh, shall find watching. Amen I say to you, that he will gird himself, and make them sit down to meat, and passing will minister unto them. And if he shall come in the second watch, or come in the third watch, and find them so, blessed are those servants. But this know ye, that if the householder did know at what hour the thief would come, he would surely watch, and would not suffer his house to be broken open. Be you then also ready: for at what hour you think not, the Son of man will come.

And Peter said to him: Lord, dost thou speak this parable to us, or likewise to all? And the Lord said: Who (thinkest thou) is the faithful and wise steward, whom his lord setteth over his family, to give them their measure of wheat in due season? Blessed is that servant, whom when his lord shall come, he shall find so doing. Verily I say to you, he will set him over all that he possesseth. But if that servant shall say in his heart: My lord is long a coming; and shall begin to strike the menservants and maidservants, and to eat and to drink and be drunk:

The lord of that servant will come in the day that he hopeth not, and at the hour that he knoweth not, and shall separate him, and shall appoint him his portion with unbelievers. And that servant who knew the will of his lord, and prepared not himself, and did not according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he that knew not, and did things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. And unto whomsoever much is given, of him much shall be required: and to whom they have committed much, of him they will demand the more. I am come to cast fire on the earth; and what will I, but that it be kindled? And I have a baptism wherewith I am to be baptized: and how am I straitened until it be accomplished?

Think ye, that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, no; but separation. For there shall be from henceforth five in one house divided: three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against his father, the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother, the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And he said also to the multitudes: When you see a cloud rising from the west, presently you say: A shower is coming: and so it happeneth: And when ye see the south wind blow, you say: There will be heat: and it cometh to pass.

You hypocrites, you know how to discern the face of the heaven and of the earth: but how is it that you do not discern this time? And why even of yourselves, do you not judge that which is just? And when thou goest with thy adversary to the prince, whilst thou art in the way, endeavour to be delivered from him: lest perhaps he draw thee to the judge, and the judge deliver thee to the exacter, and the exacter cast thee into prison. I say to thee, thou shalt not go out thence, until thou pay the very last mite.

Mono no aware

Quote from: Jayne on June 21, 2021, 10:26:50 AMIt was not simply that they would not honour the result.  They did not want the poll to happen.

It is from people such as yourself that the world gets those ubiquitous irritating signs: "No Smoking."  Few things irk me more.  They are constant reminders of a certain mentality.

Mono no aware

The both of you can either continue to blow hot air, or your can respect the poll and its results, and vote.

Insanis

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:46:47 AM
It is from people such as yourself that the world gets those ubiquitous irritating signs: "No Smoking."  Few things irk me more.  They are constant reminders of a certain mentality.

Those signs wouldn't exist if people didn't completely disregard others in their pursuit of unholy activities.

Behind every rule, there is a story.

And I thought you'd stay on topic, but it seems others were right: your pattern of behaviour is not what I thought it would be on this.

You stepped over the lines into territories that make me unable to see any fun.

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:48:38 AM
The both of you can either continue to blow hot air, or your can respect the poll and its results, and vote.

Respect Catholic doctrine and theology first, and then we can talk about vanities.

There is a sense of propriety here: some things are by nature more important than others.

The poll is at the bottom of the list.

Mono no aware

The thing that is truly futile is trying to reason with you and Jayne.

Jayne

I am not voting.  When interpreting the results of the poll, keep in mind that there are people who think that the poll is objectionable and refuse to participate in it.  There is no way to determine the amount of these so the poll is not a good measurement of the views of the forum.

Insanis

You are more clever than I thought, and I thought you were quite clever.

You tricked me into thinking you could conduct yourself properly and cordially, after I (and others) had protested your activities concerning the Faith.

I don't think you should be banned because you are not Catholic or because of this poll, but because you persist in attacking what is holy. We cannot, as Catholics, put the poll above virtue and doctrine.

Quote from: The Rules
Non-Catholics:
1) Error has no rights. As such, anti-Catholic viewpoints are not permitted to be posted here.
2) Do not attempt to sway traditional Catholics away from the Faith.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Pon de Replay on June 21, 2021, 10:51:49 AM
The thing that is truly futile is trying to reason with you and Jayne.

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis