Hello!

Started by Dominika, April 22, 2021, 03:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominika

Hello. I'm a traditional Catholic and live in Poland. I would like to know more about my faith and meet other traditional Catholics from all over the world. Dominika is my real name, I'm single, hope to become a wife and mother according to God's will. I like J.R.R Tolkien's books as well as "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy movies, documentary movies, especially about nature and history.  My favourite book is "The Mystical City of God" by Mary of Agreda. I enjoy cooking, gardening, listening to instrumental music, learning and reading.
I love our Lord Jesus and His Blessed Mother, I also have a special devotion to saint Joseph and saint Anne and Joachim. Yesterday I visited a nearest health resort and was so happily surprised because I found a beautiful, old chapel of saint Anne there. I'm glad to be a member of this forum.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Melkor

Hello fellow Tolkiener! Ever read Children of Hurin or Silmarillion?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Dominika

I read only passages of Silmarillion but I'm going to read the whole book soon.

Heinrich

Hello. My great grandparents are from Poland. King Sobieski. I like Marius Pudzinowski. Perogis with Mexican hot sauce is tasty.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Jacob

Hello and welcome.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Michael Wilson

Welcome to the forum; I am also a big fan of both the Lord of the Rings (books & movies) and of the Mistical City of God. Good reading material. Also I would like to recommend a book by St. Alphonsus Liguori, "The Practice of the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ". A short work but a great summary of the spiritual life and how much Our Lord loves us.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Non Nobis

Dominika,  what a beautiful name.  You sound perfect for the forum. Before Covid Era I went to a Catholic Women's  book club reading "Mystical City of God" too (we spelled it your way). I enjoy Tolkien too and should revisit some of it.

Welcome!
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

Dominika

Quote from: Michael Wilson on April 22, 2021, 03:18:39 PM
Welcome to the forum; I am also a big fan of both the Lord of the Rings (books & movies) and of the Mistical City of God. Good reading material. Also I would like to recommend a book by St. Alphonsus Liguori, "The Practice of the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ". A short work but a great summary of the spiritual life and how much Our Lord loves us.

Thank you, I will read "The Practice of the Love of Our Lord Jesus Christ" for sure.

Dominika

Quote from: Non Nobis on April 22, 2021, 06:38:26 PM
Dominika,  what a beautiful name.  You sound perfect for the forum. Before Covid Era I went to a Catholic Women's  book club reading "Mystical City of God" too (we spelled it your way). I enjoy Tolkien too and should revisit some of it.

Welcome!

Thank you for your nice words. I'm happy that we like similar books :)

Atlas

Hey [emoji112] its nice to see you here i myself am a big fan of Lord of the rings I see many similarities to Christianity and Tolkien writings. I pray God send you someone , a Godly partner to help aid you in this journey called Life. God loves you.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Michael Wilson

Dominika,
I missed the part about you wanting to become a wife and mother; pray to St. Joseph to send you a saintly Catholic husband and a happy marriage.
I have this short prayer to St. Joseph (with imprimatur; 1938) that you can say seven times daily, here:
QuoteOh great St. Joseph for the love you bear to Jesus and Mary hear my prayer and obtain my petition
this from the pamphlet that has the prayer:
QuoteGreat St. Joseph
Would that we had the eloquence of St. Chrysostom to tell all men how kind and good St. Joseph is, he is powerful with God who refuses him nothing how generous he is to his clients for he always hears their prayers. Books could be filled with the stories of how he helps the sick, consoles the sorrowful and comes to the aid of those in need.
He was the loving spouse of Holy Mary and therefore obtains happy marriages for those who pray to him. More, he makes  happy the marriages that are unhappy and restores peace and joy to families in distress.
He was the Foster Father of the Child Jesus and no father ever loved a child as St. Joseph loved Jesus. For this reason he is all powerful in helping fathers and mothers to bring up their children with prudence and love making them good men and women, good husbands and wives, good citizens and useful members of society.
There is more, I will post it in the traditional Catholic thread when I get a chance.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers