Vaccine Passports - use this thread to provide info on new restrictions

Started by MaximGun, February 16, 2021, 09:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaximGun

Worth keeping abreast of this because it looks likely to me that these will be used not just to coerce people into accepting a vaccination so that they can travel but also so they can attend events, go into certain types of businesses or be employed.  They will keep turning the thumbscrews.  Right now, if you look at any YouTube video on this topic it has a 1 to 10 like to dislike ratio.  In other words people hate the idea of Covid passports.

However there are a number of dynamics at play.  People who have the jab are HIGHLY unlikely to support the rights of people who refuse the vaccine jab.  As they post social media messages about their foreign holiday or trip to the theatre, more people will cave under pressure and then they will be silent about the fact that there were against the jab.  I discussed this with friends and we think this will be a divide an conquer technique that will very likely work.  Note that a huge number of people are wearing masks in supermarkets, far higher than the number of people who believe Covid is a threat to them.  So the tendency is for people to cave to pressure and go along to get along.

In the end how many hold outs will there be?

---

It's becoming clearer that in the not-too-distant future, international travellers will require some sort of vaccine passport or vaccine certificate, as a growing number of countries get behind the idea. The appeal is that these documents would allow countries to clear travellers upon entry without the need for quarantining and testing requirements.

While the United States government has not yet indicated support for a vaccine passport, there are signs that the new administration is pondering it.

On his full first day in office, President Biden revealed his 200-page national pandemic strategy with seven goals aimed at ending the Covid-19 pandemic. Buried deep in the report, on page 181, is a directive for multiple government agencies to work together to "assess the feasibility" of linking Covid-19 vaccinations to international vaccination certificates and producing electronic versions of them.

Over the past few weeks in Europe, vaccine certification programs have been building up a head of steam.

The United Kingdom is preparing a certification system that would allow inoculated citizens to travel abroad this summer, reported the London Times today. British Foreign Office Minister James Cleverly told BBC Radio 4's Today program it was "not an uncommon practice" for countries to require documentation on inoculations and that the UK government would work with international partners on this.

Last month, Ursula von der Leyen, president of the European Union Commission, said that she supports creating a common EU-established vaccination certificate that can be issued by member states to their citizens. Von der Leyen even suggested that such a certificate should be a "medical requirement."

She was responding to a letter from Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis, in which he called upon the European Commission to introduce a standardized coronavirus vaccination certificate to facilitate travel within the European Union bloc.

While they wait for an EU-wide vaccination certificate to become available, some European Union member states are already or will soon be issuing their own certificates to citizens who have been vaccinated against Covid-19.

On January 21, Iceland became the first European country to provide Covid-19 vaccination certificates to citizens who have received two doses of the vaccine. Iceland will recognize similar vaccination certificates that are issued from any EU or Schengen country.

This week, two other Nordic countries, Denmark and Sweden, announced they will also roll out digital passports that will not only allow citizens to travel but also dine out in restaurants and attend large in-person events like concerts and festivals. "It will be the extra passport that you will be able to have on your mobile phone that documents that you have been vaccinated," said Danish Finance Minister Morten Boedskov. Sweden's minister for digital development, Anders Ygeman, said his country hoped to be issuing its first electronic certificates in June.

Spain is also bullish on the health passport idea. "Vaccine certification is something we are going towards inevitably," said Foreign Minister Arancha Gonzalez during an interview on RNE national radio last month. "It will be a very important element to guarantee a safe return to mobility."

And at a meeting with the European Commission, Portugal's Interior Minister Eduardo Cabrita ventured that vaccine certification would be easier to manage than the current Covid-19 requirements. Certificates "should act as proof of security and do away with certain requirements at borders — in particular, the requirement for PCR tests," he said.

Cyprus is on the same wavelength. The Mediterranean island nation announced that it will abolish health requirements like testing and quarantine for travellers who could prove they had been vaccinated.

Poland also launched a digital vaccine passport last month. Citizens who get two doses of the vaccine receive a confirmation document with a unique QR code that is downloadable only from the traveler's personal public health account. A printed version is available to those who do not have smartphones. "The document will be the so-called passport of the vaccinated person, which will confirm that the person has been vaccinated and can use the rights to which vaccinated people are entitled," Anna Golawska, Poland's Deputy Minister of Health, told reporters.

If a country-by-country solution sounds scattershot and cumbersome, the World Health Organizaton (WHO) is also working on a vaccine certification solution that can roll out on a global scale. The WHO's position is that vaccine passports would be an improvement over current Covid-19 testing protocols and so-called immunity passports, which certify that someone has recovered from the illness and has antigens.

Since October, the WHO has been working with Estonia to develop a digital Covid-19 vaccination certificate using blockchain technology that they are calling a "smart yellow card," reported Reuters. The play on words is a 21st-century wink at the old-school paper-based International Certificate of Vaccination, more popularly known as the "yellow card," which has for decades provided world travellers with analog proof that they have been vaccinated against yellow fever.

MaximGun

I see a few possibilities.

1.  The people who don't want vaccines support businesses that don't require them.  But this is difficult because governments will keep these businesses shut down.  You will not be allowed to open your restaurant to anyone except Vaccine Passport carriers.

2.  The vaccine proves ineffective or downright dangerous in which case these passports will drop away and be forgotten about.  It is possible that in opening up travel the vaccinated might spread the virus around or a variant and cause more deaths.  Though of course since the media is controlled this would probably never be revealed to the public.

3.  God chooses the right moment when the slavish people have had the vaccine (say 50% of society have been vaccinated) to deliver the hammer blow and reveal that the vaccine makes you FAR more likely to die of a new strain.  This has some interesting features.

a.  Governments who have pushed the vaccine on people and persecuted those who resisted being injected suddenly have their position completely undermined by the new circumstances.  The slavish supporters and hand-clappers and virtue signallers die off in droves and those left behind who are only dying at the normal low rate of 1% are completely vindicated.  The nature of society changes almost overnight partly because the clever people who took the vaccine are dying in much higher numbers and partly because the people who held out and refused now have the moral high ground of being right.

b.  The medical establishment, police, first responders, army, die in greater numbers because they have been coerced through their jobs.  Those who survive are really pissed that they were forced to take a vaccine due to their job and it nearly killed them and killed a lot of their colleagues.  "Trust science" loses its appeal for the next 60 years.  Trusting science killed a lot of people.  Not trusting rushed vaccine and governments kept people alive.

If the timing is right here you could corral the vast majority of the slavish people who blindly follow the advice of government and wipe them out.  Or, the opposite.  You could release a strain that the vaccine protected people from and instead wipe out the hold-outs.  Again that would radically change society because suddenly you'd have a society of wimps and people who did not question authority.  It is a potential pivot point.

4.  The vaccine rolls forward and at some point in 2022 or 2023 they claim herd immunity has been reached and drop the digital passport thing.

5.  It is too difficult to manage the digital passport and just a complete screw up.  Travellers are hugely inconvenienced, people turn up to theatres and are refused entry because their legitimate certificate does not work, or fake digital vaccine certificates are for sale, (this will be bound to happen in 3rd world countries where corruption is endemic)

diaduit

Interesting.

I see that vaccine passports will extend to being used for recreational venues and will eventually (by Christmas 2021) include normal activities such as shopping, dr surgeries, schools etc.

If you were in charge, who would you want to survive an ethnic cleansing...those who stood their ground and refused the vaccine or those who followed your propaganda and took it.  I would want the slavish followers as they are easier to control and will still be able to work in menial jobs which is all the elite want from them.
However if your ambition is to reduce the worlds population to a mere 500,000 as per Georgia stones then its not about who but how many.

Imagine, this time next year, we will surely know!!

MaximGun

Not 500 thousand.  500 million.

You must be thinking of the Joe Biden Guidestones.

It is a unique moment in history, coming soon where inside nearly every country on earth you have millions of people who will react one way to a modified or new strain of virus and other group who will react another way.  And which group you are in correlates to your political and religious pursuasion.  You have chosen to "trust the science", trust man, or not.

That is a unique opportunity for God to act on a global basis without leaving strict evidence it is Him at work.  And a radically different future to transpire than anyone could have imagined.

The closest thing I can think of is smallpox wiping out millions of child-sacrificing pagans in Central America, which helped Spain completely dominate the region.  Something horse and steel would have taken far longer to do.

If the vaccine did kill those who took it, the fallout and political earthquake would be enormous.  Has the potential to be a stunning trap for the New World Order.

MaximGun

The Vatican has told employees that they may risk losing their jobs if they refuse to get a Covid-19 vaccination without legitimate health reasons.

A decree by Cardinal Giuseppe Bertello, effectively the governor of Vatican City, said getting a vaccine was "the responsible choice" because of the risk of harming other people.

Vatican City, at 108 acres the world's smallest state, has several thousand employees, most of whom live in Italy.

Its vaccination programme began last month and Pope Francis, 84, was among the first to get the jab.

The seven-page decree says that those who cannot get vaccinated for health reasons may be given another position, presumably where they would have contact with fewer people, but will receive the same pay even if the new post is a demotion.

But the decree said those who refuse to get a vaccination without sufficient reason would be subject to a specific provision in a 2011 law on employee rights and duties.

The article in the 2011 law says employees who refuse "preventive measures" could be subjected to "varying degrees of consequences that could lead to dismissal".

The decree was signed on 8 February and later posted on the website of the governor's department.

Pope Francis is a big supporter of vaccines to stem the spread of the coronavirus.

"It is an ethical choice because you are gambling with your health, with your life, but you are also gambling with the lives of others," he said in an interview with an Italian television station last month.

The Vatican has made a Covid-19 vaccination obligatory for journalists accompanying Pope Francis on his trip to Iraq next month.

Latest coronavirus stories

Cardinal Bertello, who signed the decree, tested positive for coronavirus in December and went into self-isolation.

There have been fewer than 30 cases of coronavirus in Vatican City, most of them among the Swiss Guard, who live in a communal barracks.

MaximGun

Vaccine Passports for

Ireland - https://www.irishpost.com/news/vaccine-passports-set-to-be-be-introduced-in-ireland-leo-varadkar-confirms-204165?

Israel - These are required for domestic visits to shops, pubs, etc as we as international travel.

Iceland

Sweden

Denmark

Estonia

Greece

Germany is opposed to a vaccinated minority enjoying privileges denied the rest of the population.

But it doesn't rule out the private sector imposing such a requirement.

"If a restaurateur wants to open only to vaccinated people, it would be difficult to forbid that under current laws," Justice Minister Christine Lambrecht said.

Poland is not considering a "vaccine passport" for the moment, although it has a smartphone app showing the status of those vaccinated which allows the bearer to skip quarantine on arrival in the country.

Belgium's government is likewise baulking at having activities contingent on vaccination "passports". For travel, it is looking for recommendations made at the EU level and by the WHO.

Not everyone has access to vaccines. And we don't know if they prevent transmission," French Health Minister Olivier Veran said in January.

The debate should only be broached "in a few months' time", he said.

---

So with 1.2% of the EU vaccinated this is not yet a practical system.  But when they announce that "the vaccine does prevent transmission" and 30% are vaccinated then we can expect to see Passports being hailed as a success and the other 70% coerced into getting the vaccine by being denied the freedoms they had until this time in 2020.

Currently about 25% of the UK are vaccinated.

MaximGun

Germany just flipped and Merkyl is now behind the vaccine passport idea.  So the whole EU will require them now.

Prayerful

Quote from: MaximGun on February 25, 2021, 03:47:34 PM
Germany just flipped and Merkyl is now behind the vaccine passport idea.  So the whole EU will require them now.

Not necessarily. Pres Macron has a looming election hence an apparently nationalist or sceptical tone, and he a bit insecure. He could possible oppose what Merkel wants for politics and prestige. The so-called Visegrád Group of Poland, Hungary and neighbours might be only slightly sceptical, but frustrating Germany over something surely tempts them. Even Ireland allows the import of cheap Brazilian labour (where COVID is reportedly rampant) as beef baron Larry Goodman wanted a workforce, and the minister for agriculture, Simon Coveney is in his pocket. Other countries won't want anything so 'Irish' as that. I think the soft-hard proof of vaccination for everything short of a passport will happen, so anything from gym membership to jobs.

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

MaximGun

Struck me just now reading about Saudi Arabia that there is an obvious flaw here.

Countries that want to keep political rivals or troublesome populations in check can used the VID as an excuse to deny them the right to travel.  Can use 'invalidity' of vaccine passports or to keep foreign journalists out.  Or hold them in quarantine for 10 days with a false positive test.

Western nations would not have a leg to stand on if they have created their own "second class" deprived of rights vaccine dissidents.

lauermar

My father took mandatory vaccines when he was drafted in WW 2. Likewise my brother when he got drafted to Vietnam. I had vaccines from infancy as did my brothers. It was required to start school. I had them again for nursing school. Today, my husband and I work with seniors and we take the vaccines for our job. I honestly don't understand the mass hysteria against vaccines as a requirement. It's always been a part of life. I can understand not using anything that contains fetal cells, but there are ethical vaccines if you look. This nonsense about microchips in vaccines causing trsndhumanism has to stop. Who thinks a microchip can survive Temps below -70 Celsius? My company laptop barely survives Chicago winters in field sales.

Now we have infected persons entering our border in droves from developing countries. Many are sick. Those infections will pass onto antivaxxers like a bull in a China shop. A recipe for another disastrous pandemic to be sure. Maybe Biden can do with Hawaii what Italy did with Poveglia Island during the plague.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Millennialmom

Here's a recent article about the coming months, and one paragraph in particular is a red flag for me:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/life-return-normal-covid-experts-summer-fall/story%3fid=76277557

" Experts say fall could become the season of a "new normal" in which the world slowly reopens and people will reconnect but with masks, routine testing and possibly even vaccine cards to allow them enter movie theaters or restaurants."

So what this implies to me, is that the game plan is to coerce people to take the vaccine for even simple outings, like dining. How far will this go? Will I be banned from grocery shopping too, even WITH a mask?

That's the problem. You just don't know how long they'll enforce a "passport". Probably indefinitely. Traveling to other countries is one thing. Going to the movies is another.

I hope that I'm wrong, that this either won't be enforced at all or perhaps taking a covid test will suffice as well if you're unvaccinated. Kids can't get the vaccine, so that in itself complicates restricting the unvaccinated.

Prayerful

Quote from: Prayerful on February 25, 2021, 05:28:40 PM
Quote from: MaximGun on February 25, 2021, 03:47:34 PM

Not necessarily. Pres Macron has a looming election hence an apparently nationalist or sceptical tone, and he a bit insecure. He could possible oppose what Merkel wants for politics and prestige. The so-called Visegrád Group of Poland, Hungary and neighbours might be only slightly sceptical, but frustrating Germany over something surely tempts them. Even Ireland allows the import of cheap Brazilian labour (where COVID is reportedly rampant) as beef baron Larry Goodman wanted a workforce, and the minister for agriculture, Simon Coveney is in his pocket. Other countries won't want anything so 'Irish' as that. I think the soft-hard proof of vaccination for everything short of a passport will happen, so anything from gym membership to jobs.

The legally mandated dissolution of Génération identitaire suggests that Macron's Islamosceptical and nationalist positions are a pose. A lot of French people seem to be instinctive coof vax sceptics, so Macron will proceed carefully. I honestly don't see an expiring Merkel government forcing anyone to do much. They dumped the incompetent Van Der Leyden on Europe, when she could have been given a made up job in some grateful conglomerate or NGO.

I notice Fauci pushing normalcy into the future, but he contradicts himself. He might find himself like BLM, something that was needed to get of Orange Man Bad, but not needed any more.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

TradGranny

Quote from: lauermar on March 06, 2021, 05:52:02 PM
My father took mandatory vaccines when he was drafted in WW 2. Likewise my brother when he got drafted to Vietnam. I had vaccines from infancy as did my brothers. It was required to start school. I had them again for nursing school. Today, my husband and I work with seniors and we take the vaccines for our job. I honestly don't understand the mass hysteria against vaccines as a requirement.

1. It is NOT a "vaccine."
2. The mRNAs are a genetic experiment -- you have to sign a paper that you understand the "vaccine" has not been approved by the FDA.
3. Any "hysteria" is on the part of those who want to force others to infect our bodies with a genetic experiment.
4. The fetal cell lines are based on elective abortions performer by hysterectomy, taken out intact, and put in refrigerators until their intact kidneys can be harvested.

Facts backing this up have already be posted here or on Life Site News.

Only lemmings follow the orders of the controlled media, and fail to do their own research.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Arvinger

Quote from: MaximGun on February 16, 2021, 09:43:08 AM
3.  God chooses the right moment when the slavish people have had the vaccine (say 50% of society have been vaccinated) to deliver the hammer blow and reveal that the vaccine makes you FAR more likely to die of a new strain.

Is there a scientific argument pointing towards such a risk, or is it a purely hypothetical scenario?