A Debate Between James and Chris: On Distributive vs. Commutative Justice

Started by christulsa, December 02, 2020, 08:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

christulsa

Quote from: andy on June 10, 2021, 11:00:15 PM
You lost the game.

LOL.  Ok, you win.

Btw, glad you edited out that comment about Max.

Friendly reminder:  3) If you wish to discuss a topic that has been inactive for 120 days or more, start a new thread.

andy

Quote from: christulsa on June 10, 2021, 11:24:30 PM
Quote from: andy on June 10, 2021, 11:00:15 PM
You lost the game.

LOL.  Ok, you win.

Btw, glad you edited out that comment about Max.

Friendly reminder:  3) If you wish to discuss a topic that has been inactive for 120 days or more, start a new thread.

Well, you did not watch the Monkey Tattoo guy to the end and I viewed the Blue Hole in the entirety.

I am not sure what wrong with responding to older threads as long as it is no topic. Would you enlighten me?

And yes, judging of this debate was terrible. The "looser" comment (meant for me only) escaped from my original draft response and just forgot to remove it.

christulsa

Quote from: andy on June 11, 2021, 11:37:59 AM
Well, you did not watch the Monkey Tattoo guy to the end

I did.   And how would you know?  I assume you are not a mind reader.  You say I lost the game, I joked back "ok."

I am not sure what wrong with responding to older threads as long as it is no topic. Would you enlighten me?

Sure, review KK's forum rule I posted, and pm'd you earlier last night.  You were emotionally copy and pasting 25 little quotes from my argument (out of context btw, since citations were given in the actual body of the debate after those quotes), using words like "super annoyed" and "freaking."  This is not an objective critique.

And yes, judging of this debate was terrible. The "looser" comment (meant for me only) escaped from my original draft response and just forgot to remove it.

It wasn't, because Max already knew that distributive justice is of a higher order than commutative justice, from his own reading of Thomistic philosophy, judging my presentation of it from St. Thomas quotes to be adequate, which was the basic framework of "winning" the debate, if you had actually taken the time to seriously read it before rendering your own judgment against Max's judgment.

Heinrich

You are seriously back posting again? You need to come clean on the errors of your last "exit."
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on June 12, 2021, 08:42:55 AM
You are seriously back posting again? You need to come clean on the errors of your last "exit."

I spoke the truth.   You like to harass people here.  Telling the forum you spoke to people who know me in real life here in Oklahoma, who spoke against me, is crazy talk.  Don't lie you said that here.  Public calumny is a mortal sin and against forum rules.

andy

Quote from: christulsa on June 11, 2021, 12:40:47 PM
I did.   And how would you know?  I assume you are not a mind reader.  ...

Was not your post like 15 minutes after mine whereas the video is 20 minutes long?

Sure, review KK's forum rule I posted, and pm'd you earlier last night.  You were emotionally copy and pasting 25 little quotes from my argument (out of context btw, since citations were given in the actual body of the debate after those quotes), using words like "super annoyed" and "freaking."  This is not an objective critique.

I did a copy paste it just to show the outrageous amount of self-serving fluff is there. Remove that and there is nothing.

It wasn't, because Max already knew that distributive justice is of a higher order than commutative justice, from his own reading of Thomistic philosophy, judging my presentation of it from St. Thomas quotes to be adequate, which was the basic framework of "winning" the debate, if you had actually taken the time to seriously read it before rendering your own judgment against Max's judgment.

None of you even attempted to prove:
Chris's main line of thinking seems to rely exclusively on this transition: "as a part to the whole -> the whole depends on parts or parts depend on the whole" TO "It is self-evident that for St. Thomas the whole (or the community) itself is greater in value".  The dependency is a completely different relationship than valuation, hence such a transformation is not just.

christulsa

Quote from: andy on June 12, 2021, 01:10:11 PM
I did.   And how would you know?  I assume you are not a mind reader.  ...

Was not your post like 15 minutes after mine whereas the video is 20 minutes long?

Yes.  I skimmed through parts of it because it was nonsensical to this thread, but your conclusion I did not finish it to the end is equally nonsensical. 

I did a copy paste it just to show the outrageous amount of self-serving fluff is there.

Thank you for showing us why you really resurrected this thread. 

None of you even attempted to prove:

In judging a debate, the way you are, you have to actually read it.  Considering you said it was "TLDR," you didn't actually read what James, me, or Max wrote with any kind of seriousness or intellectual honesty.  Therefore, you are only resurrecting this thread for emotional reasons.

You kind sir can have the last word.