Chrome Freezes when I try to bookmark, and I can't uninstall it.

Started by Bernadette, June 27, 2017, 10:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Anyone else having this issue? It was working fine until the last Windows 10 update.  :huh:

Edit: Just found out that it's the computer itself, since I can bookmark things on the laptop. Strange.
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

Not sure what you mean by your edit. Might try resetting Chrome to factory settings, or use something which isn't a resource hog :)
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

Quote from: Gardener on June 27, 2017, 10:46:36 AM
Not sure what you mean by your edit. Might try resetting Chrome to factory settings, or use something which isn't a resource hog :)
Thanks, Gardener, that seems to have fixed it. :)
My Lord and my God.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Bernadette

Resetting. I didn't even know that it was do-able, let alone how to do it. I actually like Chrome, all things considered.
My Lord and my God.

Prayerful

Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Jacob

I have read that Chrome is invasive data mining software masquerading as a browser that is basically impossible to uninstall.  Anyone know anything about this?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

Prayerful

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2017, 06:06:21 PM
I have read that Chrome is invasive data mining software masquerading as a browser that is basically impossible to uninstall.  Anyone know anything about this?

It cannot be uninstalled from an Android phone unless that phone is jailbroken, and that is really hard with some phones and their implementation. I try to keep away from Google.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Jacob on June 28, 2017, 06:06:21 PM

I mean, this would make sense.  It's a Google product. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.