Hello again

Started by drummerboy, October 28, 2017, 07:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Hello again to SD!  I'm alive after all after going quiet about 3 years back.  In the meantime I've graduated college, started my career, moved out (all in a month's time only) from my parents, bought a house (still tinkering with fixing it up), and got married, while residing in beautiful N.C. WI.  Good to see lots of familiar faces about! :cheeseheadbeer:
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

dymphna17

Good to see you again.  If I remember correctly (and that is a big if) you were trying to decide whether it would be a good idea to move out of your parent's house.  And here you are, all graduated, moved out, AND married!  That's awesome!  I hope you all have a long, happy, and holy life together.  I look forward to reading your posts again.  Welcome back!  :cheeseheadbeer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

ServusMariae

wow littledrummerboy ... I see so much has happened to you during the past 3 years! I wonder if I have 3 years' worth of confetti, though ...

(*ships in 3 years-supply of confetti & dumps them on drummerboy*)

Welcome back ^-^

Non Nobis

Littledrummerboy, have you been able to get out from under that humongous pile of confetti?

Congratulations on all those accomplishments during your three years of absence!

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 28, 2017, 11:46:59 PM
wow littledrummerboy ... I see so much has happened to you during the past 3 years! I wonder if I have 3 years' worth of confetti, though ...

Welcome back ^-^

Servus, you are always so much fun!  But if I go away to do great things I think it will be for less than 3 years.  ;D
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Vetus Ordo

Good to see you again, Drummerboy.

God bless.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Kaesekopf

Welcome back!

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

drummerboy

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 28, 2017, 10:04:51 PM
Good to see you again.  If I remember correctly (and that is a big if) you were trying to decide whether it would be a good idea to move out of your parent's house.  And here you are, all graduated, moved out, AND married!  That's awesome!  I hope you all have a long, happy, and holy life together.  I look forward to reading your posts again.  Welcome back!  :cheeseheadbeer:

Close.  What happened was I took a HUGE leap of faith and proposed to my wife when still in school with no career yet and still living 2 hours away. On the other hand I've never been more sure of anything in my life that God wanted me to marry her, and all that year I had kept having thoughts I'd have to be moving on, so I started collecting boxes, etc, which worked out because when I got the call for my job I moved out in 5 days.

Quote from: ServusMariae on October 28, 2017, 11:46:59 PM

Welcome back ^-^

LOL!  Thank you
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Christe Eleison

Quote from: drummerboy on October 28, 2017, 07:43:09 PM
Hello again to SD!  I'm alive after all after going quiet about 3 years back.  In the meantime I've graduated college, started my career, moved out (all in a month's time only) from my parents, bought a house (still tinkering with fixing it up), and got married, while residing in beautiful N.C. WI.  Good to see lots of familiar faces about! :cheeseheadbeer:

Congratulations, best of wishes and many Blessings going your way! What an awesome post!  :cheeseheadbeer:

Welcome back :cheeseheadbeer: Great to see you again!

What part of Wisconsin are you living in and what did you get your degree in.

God bless you, your wife and marriage  :pray3:  :pray2: :pray1:

Lynne

It's so nice to have you back!
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lydia Purpuraria

Welcome back, drummerboy, and congratulations on your marriage! It's good to hear that life's been treating you quite well the last few years, and it's good to see you again!

:beer:

The Curt Jester

Quote from: drummerboy on October 30, 2017, 08:40:41 AM
Close.  What happened was I took a HUGE leap of faith and proposed to my wife when still in school with no career yet and still living 2 hours away. On the other hand I've never been more sure of anything in my life that God wanted me to marry her, and all that year I had kept having thoughts I'd have to be moving on, so I started collecting boxes, etc, which worked out because when I got the call for my job I moved out in 5 days.

Welcome back and congratulations!

Your leap reminded me of mine.   I was working part time when I proposed.  Five months later, I had two job offers, both of them relatively close to our families.   Unfortunately, I could only take one of them.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"