Miley Cyrus addresses Illuminati rumors

Started by Petertherock, August 13, 2013, 08:33:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Der Kaiser

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 13, 2013, 03:50:30 PM
Quote from: Adeodatus on August 13, 2013, 02:28:31 PM
I didn't think "We Can't Stop" was about the Illuminati. Who would think that? I thought it was about taking MDMA and getting involved in bisexual orgies.

I had a bisexual coworker who was an occasional user. She confided that "X" really facilitated homosexual encounters for a lot of people involved in that scene. That doesn't surprise me since MDMA causes depersonalization, derealization, mania and significantly altered perception not only of time but of signifiers. I suspect that this would be something like having a waking dream... probably not a form of consciousness too much different from that of a brute animal, though lacking the latter's innate capabilities of instinct.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that is what "We Can't Stop" is about. "Molly" is slang for MDMA.

That video is disturbing

It is very unnerving to say the least. Rather creepy.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Der Kaiser

So I watched the clip. Dang she is disgusting. Has she always sounded this manly? I know she used to have a deep voice, but it was still feminine. Maybe she is going full on tranny.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

erin is nice

Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 13, 2013, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on August 13, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
Quote from: erin is nice on August 13, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
I love her hair so much I think I'm going to copy it.

I don't know why a woman would want to leave the house looking like that.

To show how edgy they are by bucking the tradition of women looking like...women and not ten year old boys.

It's funny, I've never been mistaken for a boy... I doubt Miley has either  :lol:

LouisIX

A woman wearing a clerical collar is probably never mistaken for a Catholic priest, either.  It doesn't mean she's justified in dressing like one.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

erin is nice

It's kind of silly to compare haircuts to impersonating a priest..

LouisIX

Quote from: erin is nice on August 13, 2013, 06:30:31 PM
It's kind of silly to compare haircuts to impersonating a priest..

I was only half serious.

I do think that there is wide range of acceptable fashion.  Anyone who knows me could testify to the fact that I sometimes dress unusually.  What I think looks good is often quite different from those around me.  However, I do not think everything is fair game.  I think men and women have a range of acceptable dress, but certain things are not fitting given our God-given dignity.  I am not here speaking of modesty in the narrow sense.  I do not mean skirt length or the tightness of one's pants, but simply good taste.

I also think that the intentions with our dress are important.  It is good to want to look dignified, respectable, even attractive.  It is not good to flaunt a rebelliousness or contempt of the taste of others, of societal norms, etc.  Our dress should add to our appearance, and not be displeasing to most around us.  We should look good but not purposefully demand attention from others with our dress  Those of us on the more eccentric end should, at most, have people thinking "well, X certainly has a peculiar fashion sense" as opposed to shock or disgust.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

erin is nice

Quote from: LouisIX on August 13, 2013, 06:36:40 PM
I also think that the intentions with our dress are important.  It is good to want to look dignified, respectable, even attractive.  It is not good to flaunt a rebelliousness or contempt of the taste of others, of societal norms, etc.  Our dress should add to our appearance, and not be displeasing to most around us.  We should look good but not purposefully demand attention from others with our dress  Those of us on the more eccentric end should, at most, have people thinking "well, X certainly has a peculiar fashion sense" as opposed to shock or disgust.

We must have very different ideas of what causes shock and disgust. The majority of people may not like undershaved haircuts, but it's hardly shocking anymore, and disgust is a very strong word, best saved for things like underwear hanging out of the back of people's pants.

Bonaventure

My view is that one should not act bizarrely contrarian just for the shock factor. I think that's what Miley is doing in that video. If one watches it, the cutting off of the anklet at the beginning tells all. The stripper impressions, and general weirdness, are just manifestations of her acting out.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

LouisIX

Quote from: erin is nice on August 13, 2013, 06:45:04 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on August 13, 2013, 06:36:40 PM

We must have very different ideas of what causes shock and disgust. The majority of people may not like undershaved haircuts, but it's hardly shocking anymore, and disgust is a very strong word, best saved for things like underwear hanging out of the back of people's pants.

I find that haircut kind of difficult to look at, to be honest.  I can see the pixie cuts of Emma Watson or Anne Hathaway.  I do not personally like this look at all, and I don't think many do (at least not men).  But it could be said to retain some femininity.  There's something which remains delicate about it.  Miley Cyrus' hair, on the other hand, seems to be the Duchamp version of a short cut for women.  No one would ever say it is pretty, so what's the appeal?

Petertherock

Well, at least Miley is marrying a man. Hopefully he can straighten her out...but I doubt it. It will be another one of these Hollywood 2 month marriages if that. She's going to end up like Lohan and Amanda Bynes. But this is what happens when you have a screwed up family like she has between divorced parents and parents that weren't parents when she was young. She was doomed from the start. Another of the sad line of Disney girls (and some guys) who end up with ruined lives. You had Britney, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Miley and I really feel sorry for the young kids that are stars on Disney Channel today. Only a few have ended up OK after being a Disney star.

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Archer

Quote from: erin is nice on August 13, 2013, 05:34:53 PM
Quote from: Der Kaiser on August 13, 2013, 05:02:55 PM
Quote from: Bonaventure on August 13, 2013, 03:51:01 PM
Quote from: erin is nice on August 13, 2013, 08:57:51 AM
I love her hair so much I think I'm going to copy it.

I don't know why a woman would want to leave the house looking like that.

To show how edgy they are by bucking the tradition of women looking like...women and not ten year old boys.

It's funny, I've never been mistaken for a boy... I doubt Miley has either  :lol:

Really? Because you look just like a 10 year old boy in your profile picture (albeit with soft features). 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Bonaventure

Quote from: Petertherock on August 13, 2013, 07:40:40 PM
Well, at least Miley is marrying a man. Hopefully he can straighten her out...but I doubt it. It will be another one of these Hollywood 2 month marriages if that. She's going to end up like Lohan and Amanda Bynes. But this is what happens when you have a screwed up family like she has between divorced parents and parents that weren't parents when she was young. She was doomed from the start. Another of the sad line of Disney girls (and some guys) who end up with ruined lives. You had Britney, Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato, Miley and I really feel sorry for the young kids that are stars on Disney Channel today. Only a few have ended up OK after being a Disney star.

What about Selena Gomez?

When we were in HS, everyone either liked Miley or Selena. I liked Selena.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

MilesChristi

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.

Bonaventure

Quote from: MilesChristi on August 13, 2013, 07:55:23 PM
because she was hispanic? :)

Probably. I just thought (and still think) she's prettier.

MilesChristi

especially when you compare the both of them now
The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
    It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;
    It gathers to a greatness, like the ooze of oil
Crushed. Why do men then now not reck his rod?
Generations have trod, have trod, have trod;
    And all is seared with trade; bleared, smeared with toil;
    And wears man's smudge and shares man's smell: the soil
Is bare now, nor can foot feel, being shod.

And for all this, nature is never spent;
    There lives the dearest freshness deep down things;
And though the last lights off the black West went
    Oh, morning, at the brown brink eastward, springs —
Because the Holy Ghost over the bent
    World broods with warm breast and with ah! bright wings.