interesting purchase you made recently?

Started by diaduit, May 22, 2021, 03:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dueSicilie

Quote from: drummerboy on March 29, 2024, 10:26:47 AMhttps://grainmaker.com/products/grainmaker-grain-mill-model-no-35/

They call it a beginner model, but I've tried my brother's and this thing eats grain like nothing.  I can order bulk organic rye and spelt from the local natural food store, so I'll be set for making lots of delicious nutritious bread, the kind folks used to live off. 

I also get organic whole oat groats and run them through my coffee mill for oatmeal.  This makes the best oatmeal ever, doesn't need much sweetener as it already has a pleasant nutty flavor.

Hmm...I wonder how a little oat dust might make coffee taste. Could be interesting

drummerboy

I don't use it for coffee anymore, I'm a quitter  ;)
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

Bernadette

My Highland Mary fell through. Flaky seller. :( So I bought this beauty instead. 34" on an antique, printed, factory-made body. She has such a sweet, pleasant, natural expression. I'm going to put her on a different body and sell the one she's on. Should get a decent price for it, since it's so big. So I'm ahead of the game.

Also The Letters of St. Teresa, translated by E. Allison Peers. I was thrilled to find them in excellent condition. Now my Complete Works really are complete. :)

My Lord and my God.

Mushroom

Quote from: Mushroom on April 06, 2024, 08:41:02 AMPut in a deposit for a Great Pyrenees puppy. Will be getting her in a little more than a week. We wanted something to protect our property from trespassers and guard the chickens and future animals from predators. Might get a second one in a few years. We've never had dogs growing up so this kind of a big deal.

Got the puppy today, she's pretty homesick though but she did get to see our chickens.

You cannot view this attachment.