Lightening Strikes Jesus Statue in Brazil

Started by Acolyte, February 14, 2023, 10:23:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Acolyte

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/253637/photo-lightning-strikes-christ-the-redeemer-statue-in-brazil

"Lightning struck Rio de Janeiro's iconic Christ the Redeemer monument, one of the Seven Wonders of the World, and a photographer managed to capture the precise moment."
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Jacafamala

Oh wow! That is a very powerful image. I hope the statue wasn't damaged.
"I shall die with weapons in my hands."
-St Therese of Lisieux

Aethel

"I saw Satan like lightning falling from Heaven"

Acolyte

Quote from: Jacafamala on February 14, 2023, 11:10:01 AMOh wow! That is a very powerful image. I hope the statue wasn't damaged.

Evidently it gets struck by lightning from time to time. The photographer mentioned that he finally caught the moment.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

King Wenceslas

As if it has never been struck before?

Looking for signs and wonders?

Acolyte

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 14, 2023, 08:10:27 PMAs if it has never been struck before?

Looking for signs and wonders?

No, just a news title that caught my eye. The rays around the head though; hard not to notice that.
St Alphonsus