What did you receive for Christmas this year?!

Started by Lyubov, December 27, 2012, 12:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancilla Domini

I don't see anything wrong with giving gifts. I think it's nice. But we have a large family, and it got a little unmanageable for us.

Greg

I got a plate with our latest arrival's footprints on it.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

kayla_veronica

Mystic Monk coffee, tea, thigh-high wool socks, a lotto ticket and some gift cards.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Bernadette

Is it too late to reply to this thread?  :-[ I got a fantastic bear for my collection (the Nisbet reproduction of Aloysius from Brideshead Revisited :D), a composition doll to restore, and eBay gift cards, which I spent on a deliciously warm, water-resistant down coat, a beautiful double-shoulder cowhide (soon to be made into a messenger bag and purse),and my first reproduction bisque-head doll (for my other collection ;)).
My Lord and my God.

Mithrandylan

Bernadette are you Canadian?  I can't imagine any other person collecting bears...
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Bernadette

No, I'm American. They're teddy bears.  ;)
My Lord and my God.

Eliza

Quote from: Bernadette on January 11, 2013, 11:23:39 PM
Is it too late to reply to this thread?  :-[ I got a fantastic bear for my collection (the Nisbet reproduction of Aloysius from Brideshead Revisited :D), a composition doll to restore, and eBay gift cards, which I spent on a deliciously warm, water-resistant down coat, a beautiful double-shoulder cowhide (soon to be made into a messenger bag and purse),and my first reproduction bisque-head doll (for my other collection ;)).

Oooh, you're making a purse with cowhide! Fun! What's a messenger bag?

Bernadette

Quote from: Eliza on January 12, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

Well, here's what it is to me: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Briefcase?sc=8&category=301406 For me, the large size, top handle, and at least two buckle straps on the front are essential.

Other people might call it a satchel, briefcase, overnight bag, or carryall.  The "purse" will be a replica of the messenger bag, only smaller.  :)
My Lord and my God.

Eliza

Quote from: Bernadette on January 12, 2013, 06:33:30 PM
Quote from: Eliza on January 12, 2013, 03:52:50 PM

Well, here's what it is to me: http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Briefcase?sc=8&category=301406 For me, the large size, top handle, and at least two buckle straps on the front are essential.

Other people might call it a satchel, briefcase, overnight bag, or carryall.  The "purse" will be a replica of the messenger bag, only smaller.  :)

That's a spiffy lookin bag. Better to make it then pay $700 for it! Are you going to put the metal and everything on?

Bernadette

Oh, yes. I love the metal bits.  :) I'll have to find a nice set of buckles for the front, and maybe a slide clip to adjust the shoulder strap instead of the regular buckle. But I'm definitely planning to make it convertible into a backpack- I love that feature!
My Lord and my God.