The Parish Hall > The Coffee Pot

Need help with internet/comp

(1/3) > >>

Spooky:
So last night the power went off briefly, twice, long enough to shut down the computer and reset the clocks. Now, on my main computer browsing the internet is practically impossible, it's so slow it reminds me of dial-up. The DSL and the router work fine; the internet works fine on my netbook. I did the "repair network thingie", shut down the comp, and dsl and restarted. I even did a system restore to set it before the power outage. Same problem. Any advice?

voxxpopulisuxx:
Check the internal clock on the pc....you may have had damage from a power surge...

Spooky:
Check it for what? I feel really stupid right now. It's showing the correct time, if that means anything.

voxxpopulisuxx:

--- Quote from: Spooky on January 07, 2013, 01:31:09 PM ---Check it for what? I feel really stupid right now. It's showing the correct time, if that means anything.
[/qoute]
have you tried the restore feature windows os has? Simply pick the date before the power outage and the computer will revert all its setting to then....use your tablet or another pc and google it...it is very easy to do and fixs alot of problems....also google internal clock
--- End quote ---

Ben:

--- Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on January 08, 2013, 12:28:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: Spooky on January 07, 2013, 01:31:09 PM ---Check it for what? I feel really stupid right now. It's showing the correct time, if that means anything.
[/qoute]
have you tried the restore feature windows os has? Simply pick the date before the power outage and the computer will revert all its setting to then....use your tablet or another pc and google it...it is very easy to do and fixs alot of problems....also google internal clock

--- End quote ---

She said she already tried system restore.
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version