Women's Suffrage

Started by Heinrich, January 02, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Ben

tmw89

End all the "suffrage," I say - we need a king like St. Louis IX or a generalissimo like Franco.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

The Harlequin King

Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:22:46 PMEnd all the "suffrage," I say - we need a king like St. Louis IX or a generalissimo like Franco.

Who would you nominate for the big job?

tmw89

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 02, 2013, 03:41:29 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:22:46 PMEnd all the "suffrage," I say - we need a king like St. Louis IX or a generalissimo like Franco.

Who would you nominate for the big job?

For America, Pat Buchanan  ;)

Really, I'm waiting for a restoration of the monarchy in France.  The most legit claimant happens to be SSPX, last I heard.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

The Harlequin King

Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:47:49 PMFor America, Pat Buchanan  ;)

Really, I'm waiting for a restoration of the monarchy in France.  The most legit claimant happens to be SSPX, last I heard.

I like Pat, too.

As for France, if you mean Louis Alphonse, he's Catholic, but probably Novus Ordo. Definitely not affiliated with the Society. As a Francophile, I have a great interest in the restoration of their monarchy, but I'm under no illusions of another Saint Louis IX.

Heinrich

Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:22:46 PM
End all the "suffrage," I say - we need a king like St. Louis IX or a generalissimo like Franco.

That's the real deal. A wise person(an old FB 'friend' from Armenia) said that no man has the right to vote. Do we govern from the ground up or the top down?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

tmw89

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 02, 2013, 03:56:38 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:47:49 PMFor America, Pat Buchanan  ;)

I like Pat, too.

As for France, if you mean Louis Alphonse, he's Catholic, but probably Novus Ordo. Definitely not affiliated with the Society. As a Francophile, I have a great interest in the restoration of their monarchy, but I'm under no illusions of another Saint Louis IX.

Upon further investigation, it looks like I was thinking of the rightful king/regent of another country entirely - the current Prince Sixtus Henry of Bourbon-Parma, apparent claimant to the Spanish throne, is SSPX-affiliated.  Sorry for the confusion.

Quote from: Heinrich on January 02, 2013, 03:58:37 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 03:22:46 PM

That's the real deal. A wise person(an old FB 'friend' from Armenia) said that no man has the right to vote. Do we govern from the ground up or the top down?

Seems clear enough to me that God made his opinion of governance by popular choice known in the Gospels, when the people were given a choice between Christ or Barabas.

---

Penelope

Only if we're ending men's suffrage as well (which I would support).

Roland Deschain

I only think white evangelicals should be allowed to vote. Those women and Catholics are the reason we have O.

I voted yes.
'Since Moses was alone, by having been stripped as it were of the people's fear, he boldly approached the very darkness itself and entered the invisible things where he was no longer seen by those watching. After he entered the inner sanctuary of the divine mystical doctrine, there, while not being seen, he was in company with the Invisible. He teaches, I think, by the things he did that the one who is going to associate intimately with God must go beyond all that is visible and—lifting up his own mind, as to a mountaintop, to the invisible and incomprehensible—believe that the divine is there where the understanding does not reach.'

—St Gregory of Nyssa

Christknight104

Quote from: tmw89 on January 02, 2013, 04:20:38 PM

Upon further investigation, it looks like I was thinking of the rightful king/regent of another country entirely - the current Prince Sixtus Henry of Bourbon-Parma, apparent claimant to the Spanish throne, is SSPX-affiliated.  Sorry for the confusion.

Prince Sixtus Henry de Bournbon attended the Econe Consecrations of 1988. He was the first to congratulate His Excellency Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre for his "brave efforts." It would be wonderful if he would ascend to the throne, seeing at how wretched Spain has become.

The Harlequin King

Quote from: Roland Deschain on January 02, 2013, 04:54:50 PM
I only think white evangelicals should be allowed to vote. Those women and Catholics are the reason we have O.

I voted yes.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Time for some Uncle Ruckus:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6lqD5gZdg[/yt]

tmw89

HK, I think I know of another thread where that video wouldn't be misplaced either  ;D

---

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 02, 2013, 05:37:06 PM
Quote from: Roland Deschain on January 02, 2013, 04:54:50 PM

I voted yes.

LOLOLOLOLOL.

Time for some Uncle Ruckus:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X6lqD5gZdg[/yt]
LOL
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

TerrorDæmonum

The poll may be confusing, because it is seemingly based on a mix of "within the current system" or "in an ideal world" where voting may not be present at all.