Attachment parenting

Started by LausTibiChriste, November 21, 2021, 03:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christina_S

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on November 24, 2021, 10:05:29 AM
... The older they get, the less I worry about them fussing and getting to them quickly.  But I never let new borns cry if I can help it, and I always get them immediately when they fuss.  To me, they are just so helpless and lack any understanding of how to communicate their needs otherwise.  Of course, that's not true with older babies/toddlers/kids, so my approach changes with the needs of each stage of childhood.  But, my goal is always a healthy, appropriate attachment relationship.  ...
This times a million! Munda, you're golden.
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Traditionallyruralmom

I've raised 9 with it  😊
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

LausTibiChriste

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Traditionallyruralmom

The common stereotype that attachment parenting form wussy kids that still sleep with you at 13 is unfounded.  I have 9, 24 down to 2.  Currently only the 2 year old is in our bed often.  My 4 year old comes in sometimes.  How hard hearted can a mama be to tell her little guy no when he stumbles in at 4 am and wants to cuddle.  I cherish it.  I promise you, they grow up and do things like become infantry grunts in the USMC  ;)
My children are excellent sleepers and I have never had a child with a sleep disorder.  When they are ready for their own bed, they sleep really well in it.  They are compassionate, and will wake in the night if someone is sad or ill and want to help.  They offer to cuddle the little ones to sleep if needed. 
Munda said pretty much what I would say.  Building relationships with the people I am gifted to raise is foremost in my mind.  They can't easily have a relationship with Christ if they are not secure in their home and family. 
I began as an irreligious hippie drippy, but converted when my oldest was 6.  I never really changed my attachment parenting style.  I have had 2 fussy babies out of the 9 living.  But I still could never put them down and let them cry. 
I spank, but I only use that if its the only or the only fitting option.  Again, I prefer relationship and conflict resolution and understanding over "just do it because I'm the mom"
All in all, I think this method works well when pared with Catholic principals.  Have you read the book or listened to the talks by Fr Beck on The art of raising a child?  Excellent resource!
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

queen.saints

I absolutely love the conferences by Fr. Beck about parenting. They are great to listen to along with reading the book he references "Educating a Child: the art of arts" because I found the book alone hard to digest since it's so French in its outlook, but he puts just the right nice American spin on things to make it palatable.

He is so good at inspiring young people to be virtuous right at the difficult turning point in their lives. A conference he gave at summer camp when I was a young girl about nobility was one of the main inspirations from there on out for me trying to be good and I later found out that it had the same effect on a bunch of girls from that year at camp.

https://angeluspress.org/products/digital-download-the-art-of-parenting-full-conference

https://www.tedeumpress.com/product/educating-a-child-the-art-of-arts-2-volume-set/
I am sorry for the times I have publicly criticized others on this forum, especially traditional Catholic religious, and any other scandalous posts and pray that no one reads or believes these false and ignorant statements.