Do you have Cable?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 10:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Penelope

I live with my parents (for now) and they have cable, so I have cable. I have no issue with watching cable television as long as I can make prudent decisions about what is appropriate and what isn't.

EcceQuamBonum

I do because it's included in the HOA fee with my apartment.  I really never use it, though.  It's not that I'm opposed to it; I just don't have the time.  Plus, most of the things I'd rather watch are available through Netflix streaming, anyway.
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

poche

Lyubov

I don't have cable, either. I have to survive with YouTube and Netflix!
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Spooky

No cable here. Youtube and Netflix FTW!

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Elliott

No cable. Netflix and amazon prime.

Kaesekopf

I don't own a TV where I live, but my parents do.  I do have internet, though

I convinced my parents to drop cable for Netflix a year ago. 

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lyubov

I'm surprised that most people here don't have cable. Where I live, it's ubiquitous.

If I have ONE more person ask me if I watch Duck Dynasty...
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Mithrandylan

Used to.  No longer.

Definitely not worth the money.  Not with my paychecks.  The only real advantage to having cable is the sports for me.  I'm not convinced I'm getting 60 dollars worth of sports a month. 
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Eliza

No way. TV is a good way to become idle.

If I had it, I know i'd watch it all the time. The best option for me is to x it out completely.

Kaesekopf

I have found this to be, more often than not, the case with television an my own habits. :( 

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Penelope

Quote from: Lyubov on December 27, 2012, 03:44:06 PM
I'm surprised that most people here don't have cable. Where I live, it's ubiquitous.

If I have ONE more person ask me if I watch Duck Dynasty...

It is a pretty hilarious show. Really stupid, but really funny.

Honestly, I've had a television in my bedroom since I was 11 (what were my parents thinking!?) and though I used to watch it all the time, now that I'm a real person with a real job that requires a great deal of work to be done at home, I seldom turn on my television. I have watched a ton of television over Christmas vacation so far, but I mostly like it as background noise.

Rob

I have it but I'm very selective of what I watch and how long I watch and I love sports too  ;D
I'm just a troubled soul living in a modern world who is greatly misunderstood