Self-Defense for the Citizen

Started by dellery, September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on October 20, 2020, 05:24:08 AM
For me the biggest problem is security. How do you know who you can trust, outside of family and friends? How does one know that anyone on this forum or on the internet isn't an agent provocateur? How do you guard against that?

"The only person I trust is me." -- Greg
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

paul14

Quote from: Heinrich on October 20, 2020, 05:46:01 AM
For me the biggest problem is security. How do you know who you can trust, outside of family and friends? How does one know that anyone on this forum or on the internet isn't an agent provocateur? How do you guard against that?

"The only person I trust is me." -- Greg

Greg

Because NOBODY is going to have 10 children to be a agent provocateur.  That's how.

Neither is their deep fake wife.  She won't agree to it.

Nor are they going to learn a whole bunch of Latin prayers.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Prayerful

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 16, 2020, 04:55:09 PM
Ciao, birdie.

I thought I was being sent to the naughty corner for something.  :-X
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

dellery

It's tough.

Look for popular narratives. In this age of lies you are never going to read or hear about the truth anywhere and few will tell you about it. Somebody spewing some pre-canned narrative is usually full of nonsense. There's White and Black Narratives. White Narratives help to maintain status quo and keep the people in line. Black Narratives undermine the status quo and get people to act up. Narratives are passed vertically at first but are then sustained horizontally by your family, friends, and peers.
In regards to Catholicism, shills and their dupes will try to subordinate Her to their narrative, and, or, ideology.

Constantly being on the attack helps. Make people respond to what you're doing. Have a plan, execute, and then consummate it. Understand who the bad actors are, and what they are up to, and attack them.

You'll never be able to be 100% sure of everything though. Critical decisions often have to be made with an incomplete awareness of a given situation. It's the fog of war. The trick is not trying to look through the haze to see what the enemy is doing, but to use it as cover so he can not see what you're doing, and force him to try to look through it in ascertaining your actions.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.