Wow, a modest Barbie doll...

Started by coffeeandcigarette, October 05, 2020, 10:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeeandcigarette

Not that this will induce me to buy Barbie dolls, but it is so nice to see one that is actually dressed!

https://barbie.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ba/inspiring-women-series/susan-b-anthony-barbie-inspiring-women-doll-ght84

Vetus Ordo

Dolls are from the devil.

Avoid them.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

paul14

That doll looks like Mary Ingalls.  Perhaps the devil is a fan of Little House on the Prairie. </s>

John Lamb

Yes, it's nice. Feminism at its best (women presented as scholarly and authoritative without losing their femininity).
"Let all bitterness and animosity and indignation and defamation be removed from you, together with every evil. And become helpfully kind to one another, inwardly compassionate, forgiving among yourselves, just as God also graciously forgave you in the Anointed." – St. Paul

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: John Lamb on October 06, 2020, 03:12:16 AM
Yes, it's nice. Feminism at its best (women presented as scholarly and authoritative without losing their femininity).

I am really not trying to start another one of "those threads," but, I am pretty sure Hildegarde von Bingen, and Teresa of Avila were very feminine and scholarly in equal measure. Was the daughter of Thomas More not feminine? Our Lady was surely the most learned, meditative, and scholarly of all. One can be scholarly without hiking of to Uni and wasting many years of one's life.

The fact that Susan B. Anthony was adamantly pro-life makes me happy. The fems love her because she wanted the vote, and they think they made a girl-power Barbie; but they essentially just made a super pro-life Barbie doll. The irony is too fun.