Strzok hearing today-unbelievable, even to cynics like me

Started by longstrangetrip5, July 12, 2018, 02:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longstrangetrip5

for those who don't know

Strzok is the Trump-hating FBI big-wig once in charge of both the Russia Collusion investigation AND  the Blackberry-smashing-Bleach-bit-the-hard-drive-33,000-lost-emails-Hitlery-Clinton investigation.

He speaks before Congress today and says there was no bias in his texts and emails! He said in one of them that he went to some Wal-Mart and could SMELL the Trump supporters! One of the Congresspersons asked what Trump supporters smell like.. LOL (Your tax dollars at work!). Sorry, can't remember the answer.. something about how he just carelessly used the word Smell or what the heck ever..

The Democrats are---OMG! What do I even say? Hypocrite does not begin to describe it! They had the unmitigated GALL to talk about ... gosh, my mind is overwhelmed with all this... but didn't someone on the Dem side talk about how Trump colluding with Russia to swing the election (never has been proven, but the Dems are NOT going to drop this investigation!) so anyway, the Dems actually had the nerve  to talk about how DANGEROUS that would be to our country's security!

They have dementia and should be FIRED! (most of the dems in Congress)

I say Dementia because they strangely have forgotten how HRC endangered security by smashing her Blackberries, putting Classified info on insecure devices and servers.. having her own server... etc... etc..

yeh, they have such a bad memory that they should be FIRED

Where is that You're Fired! stuff when we need it?

Heinrich

Lstranget5, as a long time member here, I can confidently say that members of forum, the old guard, as it be, appreciate your contributions here and are happy to have a fresh voice "crying in the wilderness" together. However, may I kindly, forcefully ask that you please refrain from ever using a blasphemous contemporary chat speak abbreviation again.

Thanks!

--H
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Heinrich on July 12, 2018, 03:01:07 PM
Lstranget5, as a long time member here, I can confidently say that members of forum, the old guard, as it be, appreciate your contributions here and are happy to have a fresh voice "crying in the wilderness" together. However, may I kindly, forcefully ask that you please refrain from ever using a blasphemous contemporary chat speak abbreviation again.

Thanks!

--H
i have no idea what you are talking about

TradGranny

He was charitably saying it is wrong to take the name of God in vain.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

Jayne

Quote from: longstrangetrip5 on July 12, 2018, 03:26:22 PM

Thanks!

--H

He wants you to think that he has been a member here for a long time and that this gives him a right to boss you around since you are new. But you can ignore him.  The only one you have to listen to is Kaesekopf, the owner and moderator.

Several people here use far worse language than "OMG" and I do not recall Heinrich objecting. But those were not situations in which he could try to pull rank.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on July 12, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

Thanks!

--H

He wants you to think that he has been a member here for a long time and that this gives him a right to boss you around since you are new. But you can ignore him.  The only one you have to listen to is Kaesekopf, the owner and moderator.

Several people here use far worse language than "OMG" and I do not recall Heinrich objecting. But those were not situations in which he could try to pull rank.

Completely unnecessary.
Why do you feel this has done any good for the forum?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Carleendiane

Welcome to the forum dynamics! Some object to "cuck", some object to OMG, which , personally, I try to avoid.... in reparation for the many blasphemies I, personally, have committed. You will find those that claim OMG blashemy, and those that claim objection to that scrupulosity. Just post your thoughts. Criticisms and support for your thought process will be claimed, but just be true to your thoughts and most will be quite charitable,  if your method of conveying your thoughts remains honest.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Elizabeth

PerEvangelicaDicta

What Carleendiane said  :)

But, Heinrich very kindly made a great point.  OMG = Oh my God.  I'm sure that Catholics who accidentally blurt this out do not intend to blaspheme, but technically we do.  We, of all people, should take the greatest care not to use His Holy Name in any manner but adoration, petition, thanksgiving and reparation.
Mea maxima culpa.

Back to the original discussion now?  :popcorn:
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

james03

Inspired by the Dutch fornicator and martyr:

A vulgar man I'll always be, a blasphemer I'll never be.  There are plenty of colorful cuss words you can use.  There's never a reason to take the Lord's name IN VAIN.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

james03

QuoteAbsolutely riveting!!

When ole Gohmert said, "I wonder how many times you looked so innocent when you looked into your wife's eyes and lied to her about Lisa Page", women were cheering across America.  I thought it was cool.

Strzok comes across as a psychopath.  I think Lisa Page will crack big time under pressure.  She is a weak woman attracted to a psychopath.  And she can't claim any FBI privilege as she no longer works there.  She'll end up pleading the 5th. 
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: james03 on July 12, 2018, 10:45:59 PM
QuoteAbsolutely riveting!!

When ole Gohmert said, "I wonder how many times you looked so innocent when you looked into your wife's eyes and lied to her about Lisa Page", women were cheering across America.  I thought it was cool.

Strzok comes across as a psychopath.  I think Lisa Page will crack big time under pressure.  She is a weak woman attracted to a psychopath.  And she can't claim any FBI privilege as she no longer works there.  She'll end up pleading the 5th.

Strzok's body language is fantastic to watch. 

Edited to add:

All I can say about Gohmert is -God Bless Texas
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jayne

Quote from: TradGranny on July 12, 2018, 03:41:48 PM
He was charitably saying it is wrong to take the name of God in vain.

If a correction were required, the charitable way to do it would have been privately rather than publicly accusing a new member of blasphemy.

And it is debatable whether a correction were required.  The expression "OMG" belongs to a class of words known as "minced oaths".  Here is a link to a Wikipedia article https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minced_oath and an SD thread https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=17682.0 on the subject.  There is no forum rule about this nor is there a consensus among members.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: james03 on July 12, 2018, 10:28:00 PM
  There are plenty of colorful cuss words you can use.

Id be happy to give some training, free of charge
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

longstrangetrip5

Quote from: Jayne on July 12, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

Thanks!

--H

thank u for this info. I didn't know he was referring to OMG. And I think that saying "the liberal are sh***** themselves" (something 2 that effect ) would be considered far, far worse.. besides OMG could stand for Oh my gosh

(I was less than impressed with his use of the word "forcefully"... )