Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adeodatus

Quote from: Larry S. on August 03, 2013, 04:30:34 PM
Wolverine. It was great, much better than the Wolverine:Origins movie.

That last part really isn't saying much! I have my hopes up. Wifey loves her some Wolverine so I believe we'll be seeing this later tonight.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Larry

Quote from: Adeodatus on August 03, 2013, 05:16:14 PM
Quote from: Larry S. on August 03, 2013, 04:30:34 PM
Wolverine. It was great, much better than the Wolverine:Origins movie.

That last part really isn't saying much! I have my hopes up. Wifey loves her some Wolverine so I believe we'll be seeing this later tonight.

Lol, I know. It's good though. I don't think you'll be disappointed. A word of warning though: there are some beautiful women who are immodestly dressed(to say the least) in a few scenes in this movie, so be prepared for that. I had to close my eyes a couple of times.  :P
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Adeodatus

Wolverine, at the theater last night. It was fun.

300 tonight on DVD, since wifey had never seen it. Setting aside the oliphants and goatboys, it's not a bad little picture.

¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Othmar

Does anyone remember the Mummy? That was my favourite movie when I was little. I feel like watching it later today.

I don't want to say that it's qualitywise comparable to Indiana Jones, but there's definitely a similar feeling and setting. There's something enormously attractive to these kind of movies. Set in the 40s, preposterous and with a slight touch of Dieselpunk...

Larry

Quote from: Othmar on August 05, 2013, 04:29:21 AM
Does anyone remember the Mummy? That was my favourite movie when I was little. I feel like watching it later today.

I don't want to say that it's qualitywise comparable to Indiana Jones, but there's definitely a similar feeling and setting. There's something enormously attractive to these kind of movies. Set in the 40s, preposterous and with a slight touch of Dieselpunk...

I liked the first Mummy. It was fun. Not as good as the original Mummy from the 1930's, but it was enjoyable. I didn't care for the sequels though.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Adeodatus on August 05, 2013, 12:08:05 AM
300 tonight on DVD, since wifey had never seen it. Setting aside the oliphants and goatboys, it's not a bad little picture.

Excited for the next one?
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

red solo cup

Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Not too bad. It was only stupid a couple of times.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Larry

Adeodatus

Quote from: Bonaventure on August 06, 2013, 12:24:05 AM

Next one? Are they doing Plataea?
¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Othmar

Quote from: Adeodatus on August 06, 2013, 04:33:13 PM

[yt]2zqy21Z29ps[/yt]

It seems to be Salamis.

Cesar_Augustus

Quote from: totiusque on July 23, 2013, 10:37:25 PM
Quote from: Cesar_Augustus on July 23, 2013, 08:30:18 PM
Monsters University.

Despicable Me 2.

Pacific Rim.

Whoa!  Busy night at the movies?  Didn't all 3 of these just come out this month?  Wish I had that kind of dough....   ;D

Playing For Keeps - wife picked it out on Netflix, so there you go.  Cheesy RomCom.

Hahaha!

These weren't on the same day.

I watched them every one or two weeks.

Adeodatus

Quote from: Othmar on August 06, 2013, 04:57:11 PM
Quote from: Adeodatus on August 06, 2013, 04:33:13 PM

[yt]2zqy21Z29ps[/yt]

It seems to be Salamis.

Well that looks like fun. It seems that they're giving some attention to Artemisia I, the satrap of Caria, which could be cool. I suppose it's too much to hope that we'll see actual naval tactics like the diekplous employed, but there's obviously ramming going on. And Lena Headey is back.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!

piabee

The Conjuring. Why the title? Nothing was conjured.

LouisIX

Quote from: piabee on August 08, 2013, 01:14:27 AM
The Conjuring. Why the title? Nothing was conjured.

Was it as good as advertised?  As scary as advertised?
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.