To what are you currently listening?

Started by Bonaventure, December 26, 2012, 09:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melkor

This one actually choked me up a bit. And yes, I am totally going on a vodka-fueled music binge!  ;D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Melkor

RIP Charlie Daniels.

Upchurch did a great cover!

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Elizabeth

Quote from: Melkor on August 10, 2022, 07:49:55 PM

This one actually choked me up a bit. And yes, I am totally going on a vodka-fueled music binge!  ;D
Because it is an endorsement for AA ? ;D ;D ;D
Or you need to be drunk to like hillbilly Eminem?  Doesn't anybody listen to Emmylou Harris anymore?

Melkor

Quote from: Elizabeth on August 10, 2022, 08:41:23 PM
Quote from: Melkor on August 10, 2022, 07:49:55 PM

Because it is an endorsement for AA ? ;D ;D ;D
Or you need to be drunk to like hillbilly Eminem?  Doesn't anybody listen to Emmylou Harris anymore?

Lol.

Melkor

Maximilian

Padraig

Quote from: Melkor on August 10, 2022, 07:33:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drpdrQq8c98&list=RDMMwMQbcGNs9kg&index=19

From good ol' Canadian boy, Colter Wall.

Colter Wall is really good. My favorite from that album is Caroline:

[yt][/yt]

"My bones do break
And my hands do shake
As I lie in the wake
Of time's cruel slaughter

But if I die before I wake
I'm gonna see my Caroline"

But my favorite of his is this version of "On the Lone Prairie"

[yt][/yt]

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Acolyte

Looks like we have some Americana fans here.

Just found out about this band.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Instaurare omnia

For Pon de Replay:

[yt][/yt]
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Padraig

Quote from: Pon de Replay on August 11, 2022, 06:12:38 PM
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu9HhYv0C7E[/yt]
That was impressive. Made all the more so by the fact that Peter Townshend is clearly on just about everything he could get his hands on during the performance.
I would have bet money that the song was one that simply didn't perform well live. I suppose the synth track was probably pre-recorded.

Instaurare omnia

Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Melkor

Melkor