Friday Recipes!

Started by Lyubov, December 28, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penelope

Okay, here's everyone's next challenge. I seldom eat fish and I never eat cheese or mushrooms. Come up with recipes that I will like! (This is more of an intellectual challenge, not a practical one. My fiance can come up with a million different Friday meals that I'll enjoy.)

Kaesekopf

How can you not eat fish or cheese?

This is mind-boggling.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Penelope on January 20, 2013, 01:36:10 PM
Okay, here's everyone's next challenge. I seldom eat fish and I never eat cheese or mushrooms. Come up with recipes that I will like! (This is more of an intellectual challenge, not a practical one. My fiance can come up with a million different Friday meals that I'll enjoy.)

Cook basmati rice

Put in skillet with black beans and hominy

also cook some peppers

Cook all together in skillet with spices

Eat with tortillas or chips

pretty simple
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Ben

Keep it simple and go with waffles slathered with butter, syrups, and jams for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

OCLittleFlower

Ahh -- how I love challenges like this.  As a fairly picky eater with food allergies and a limit on total daily fiber grams -- I'm used to it.  You should have seen it when my mother tried being gluten free and vegan to see if it would help her arthritis (it failed, perhaps thankfully).  My only concern is that no fish and no cheese and no meat limits you a bit on protein.  Now, I don't cook with beans because I cannot digest them -- anything from a bean makes me sick in some sort of way.   :P  Then again, Friday is only one day of the week.  :)

Do you eat shrimp?  Shrimp curry is good!  :)

Spanish rice with veggies added wouldn't be bad either.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Penelope

Shrimp curry sounds fantastic. I am so hungry right now.

Liza

kayla_veronica

I have a really good vegetarian black bean soup recipe I should post, it's very filling and easy to make. You can make a large amount and eat it for small meals over several days. Also, I make a lot of tuna melts during lent.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.