Brother Nathanael talking about Bishop Williamson

Started by Philip G., February 03, 2019, 09:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip G.

This is from his recent news letter.  I only find it interesting because I don't recall him ever citing Bishop Williamson before. 

http://www.realjewnewsletter.com/

Holocaustianity Chapter & Verse
The Truth can take its time, exhorts Bishop Williamson of 'Holocaust Denial' fame.

Williamson underlines the importance of perceiving Jewry's game in subverting Christianity with their mythical 'six million' religion.

"Holocaustianity apes all the features of Christianity," the bishop points out.

It has its martyrs (the 'six million') its saints (Elie Wiesel, Anne Frank), its pilgrimages (to Auschwitz), its cathedrals (Holocaust museums), its alms-giving to obtain pardon (reparation payments), its relics (camp inmates' teeth, hair, shoes,) and its lives of the Saints ("Night" by Elie Wiesel and "Diary Of Anne Frank.")

I GREW UP as a Jew in the '50s and we were NEVER told there were gas chambers and NEVER heard the over-blown figure of six million.

Instead, as Jacob Marcus outlined in his World War II entry in the Encyclopedia Britannica (since removed), we were taught that only "thousands of Jews" perished in the German work camps.

Germans put people to work rather than gas them. Even Wiesel in his first edition of "Night" made the horrific mistake of forgetting to mention gas chambers.

Why did he forget? BECAUSE THERE WERE NONE.   Here & Here.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

martin88nyc

When you go to Auschwitz or other Nazi concentration camps in Poland the official plaques have numbers other than what is claimed.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

TheReturnofLive

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Prayerful

url seems to 404 on me. Isn't Bro Nathanael without any canonical standing as a monk within Eastern Orthodoxy?
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Prayerful on February 04, 2019, 03:17:51 PM
url seems to 404 on me. Isn't Bro Nathanael without any canonical standing as a monk within Eastern Orthodoxy?

According to what I know, he is officially in canonical standing. There was a statement initially put out by ROCOR, but it was retracted, and subsequently, we received this:

(in my opinion though, it's wrong that he is - it shouldn't be his job as a monk to be spending his time on the internet writing Jewish conspiracy theories and making videos on every single news event.
My opinion, based on watching some of his videos, is that his whole facade is just him trying to "get back" at his own Jewish family, who were probably extremely hostile to Christianity when he was interested in it. It's shameful a monk doesn't see that as earthly / sinful attachment, and it's embarassing how infantile he can be.

)
"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but irrigate deserts." - C.S. Lewis

Prayerful

Yes, I don't see it as entirely worthy of a monk. See Sacrucensis where the young Pater Edmund Waldstein O.Cist  of Heiligenkreuz Abbey regularly makes learned posts that bridge matters political, philosophical and religious, as an example of monastic blogging done well. Priests and religious who become walking, talking political blogs are irritating, and a large portion of his videos are not just political, but toxically so.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Gardener

How is he a regular communicant at a place in New York when he lives in Leadville, CO? Or has he moved back to New York?

Is it standard for Monks to be on their own like that?
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

TheReturnofLive

Quote from: Gardener on February 04, 2019, 06:57:39 PM
How is he a regular communicant at a place in New York when he lives in Leadville, CO? Or has he moved back to New York?

Metropolitan Hilarion is the first bishop of the entire ROCOR jurisdiction, and he's headquartered in New York.

It's not exactly the same, but in Catholicism, it would be like getting a note from your Cardinal rather than your Bishop.

Structurally, while they are under the leadership of the Russian Orthodox Church, they really operate rather independently due to the fact that they broke communion with the Russian Orthodox Church when it announced that Communism as an ideology was compatible with Christianity, only re-entering communion about 10 years ago (obviously, not without controversy among the more traditionalist Orthodox).

And no, it's not standard at all.

He's specifically a "Hieromonk," where he is both a Priest and a Monk - this behavior is supposedly allowed on the basis of his ministry as a Priest, which necessarily will require more freedom in leaving the monastery, although most people clearly are antagonistic towards how he's often allowed to run around like a dog without a chain.

Apparently, his Father Confessor, Bishop Shaw, has tried to steer him away from these activities, but obviously - either he's not trying enough, or Brother Nathaniel is not listening enough.

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

TheReturnofLive

I thought he was on the basis that he wears his Crucifix outside his cassock, which only Abbots (and he sure ain't an Abbot) and Hieromonks do in Monastic Communities, but I can't find any evidence that he was ordained.

I have no idea why they are this flexible with him; there appears to be evidence he is mentally insane,
https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/milton-kapner/denver-colorado-/milton-kapner-brother-nathaniel-milton-is-a-mentally-ill-denver-colorado-1008974
which is why they are maybe lenient with him? Maybe he has grand delusions about some kind of Jewish conspiracy that's out to get him.

Also, he appears to be nothing more than a Novice - which people are until they officially take tonsure and become a monk. So maybe they are just letting him hang around and never letting him become a monk.

Chestertonian

he must be able to bilocate
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: martin88nyc on February 03, 2019, 01:31:39 PM
When you go to Auschwitz or other Nazi concentration camps in Poland the official plaques have numbers other than what is claimed.

The figures have been reduced over the years.

It takes a lot of time to wade through war propaganda.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Heinrich

He was in Frisco, not Leadville. He has since moved to Idaho
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on February 05, 2019, 01:57:48 PM

He was in Frisco, not Leadville. He has since moved to Idaho

He has address history all over, including Leadville.

Either way, an odd duck for sure.