The Parish Hall > Family Life

How to be poor?

<< < (11/11)

Philip G.:

--- Quote from: Melkor on October 02, 2021, 06:16:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 02:04:22 PM ---  I don't own shiny shoes, ironed pants, or a coat and a tie. 

--- End quote ---

So you show up to Mass in shorts and a t-shirt? Oh wait, you go to the NO. Makes sense now.

--- End quote ---

There is infinitely more merit to be gained assisting at an otherwise normal(not in our times currently) novus ordo mass than there is getting drunk and/or gambling.  And, I don't think I have ever worn shorts to mass.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez:

--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 11:28:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 02:04:22 PM ---  I don't own shiny shoes, ironed pants, or a coat and a tie. 

--- End quote ---

So you show up to Mass in shorts and a t-shirt? Oh wait, you go to the NO. Makes sense now.

--- End quote ---

There is infinitely more merit to be gained assisting at an otherwise normal(not in our times currently) novus ordo mass than there is getting drunk and/or gambling.  And, I don't think I have ever worn shorts to mass.

--- End quote ---

My experience is limited, but I have never seen anyone get drunk or gamble at a TLM.

Heinrich:

--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 11:11:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: diaduit on October 02, 2021, 06:05:01 PM ---Nicodemus bought something like 100lbs of very expensive balm for Jesus being buried which was usually only done for royal burials.  St Joseph of Arimathea donated his tomb.  Both wealthy men and are saints in heaven.

There is no shame in being wealthy nor is there any shame being poor.

--- End quote ---

It is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into heaven.

--- End quote ---

You sound  like my mother in law.

Philip G.:

--- Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on October 02, 2021, 11:36:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 11:28:07 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

My experience is limited, but I have never seen anyone get drunk or gamble at a TLM.

--- End quote ---

Members of this forum are now dumber for having read your post. 

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez:

--- Quote from: Heinrich on October 03, 2021, 02:36:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Philip G. on October 02, 2021, 11:11:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: diaduit on October 02, 2021, 06:05:01 PM ---Nicodemus bought something like 100lbs of very expensive balm for Jesus being buried which was usually only done for royal burials.  St Joseph of Arimathea donated his tomb.  Both wealthy men and are saints in heaven.

There is no shame in being wealthy nor is there any shame being poor.

--- End quote ---

It is easier for a camel to enter through the eye of a needle then for a rich man to enter into heaven.

--- End quote ---

You sound  like my mother in law.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version