The Parish Hall > Family Life

how are ye all handling family that are vaxxed?

<< < (2/14) > >>

Bernadette:
I don't see why this is such a huge issue. If you don't want to get the vaccine, then don't.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez:

--- Quote from: Bernadette on August 23, 2021, 11:25:13 AM ---I don't see why this is such a huge issue. If you don't want to get the vaccine, then don't.

--- End quote ---

Every time a Catholic fails to resist, he weakens the perceived sincerity of those Catholics who do resist abortion-tainted treatments.

Bernadette:
The Church has said it's fine to get the vaccine. And many Catholics might not even know that there was a connection to abortion.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez:

--- Quote from: Bernadette on August 23, 2021, 11:41:14 AM ---The Church has said it's fine to get the vaccine. And many Catholics might not even know that there was a connection to abortion.

--- End quote ---

No, it hasn't.  Some Churchmen have rendered an application of previous teaching* based on a faulty understanding of current medical data**.  They may be correct on the religious logic, but they have been duped by governmental authorities and NGOs into believing that the supposed disease is considerably more serious than it really is.  Anything follows from a contradiction.

* The previous teaching says that remote cooperation may be OK only if the disease is serious and there are no other treatments.  Cardinal Ratzinger gave the example of German measles as a disease that could justify the use of these vaccines.

** Based on current evidence, the disease is not as severe as governmental authorities and NGOs suggest, and there are other treatments.  German measles causes death or severe deformity to the fetus of a woman who contracts it while pregnant.  There is no other treatment for German measles.  This is not the case for COVID.

OCLittleFlower:

--- Quote from: The Curt Jester on August 22, 2021, 10:16:56 PM ---My own family is either anti-jab or just doesn't talk about it.  No tension involved so far.

--- End quote ---

This.

There are some very pro-vax cousins on my husband's side, but they aren't people we talk to much anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version