The Parish Hall > Family Life

Kitchen Foreman

(1/3) > >>

MundaCorMeum:
Long story short: lately, I've been waking up *almost* every morning to kitchen chores done poorly by the kids (mainly, they are slacking on wiping surfaces and sweeping).  I got fed up, so I made an announcement at dinner tonight: every morning that I wake up and put my books onto a sticky counter top when I go to do my morning prayers, everyone owes me a dollar!  My husband says to hold up; he has a better idea.  And truly, it was genius:

Each week, we will have a Kitchen Foreman to oversee kitchen duties after dinner (note: expectations for what constitutes a clean kitchen are clearly laid out and understood, including a posted checklist titled: "The Kitchen is Not Clean Until......"). If I wake up to chores not done to expectations, then only the Foreman pays me a dollar.  And only the oldest four children get to fill the Foreman role, for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to see how this plays out  ;D

Melkor:

--- Quote from: MundaCorMeum on August 07, 2021, 08:45:04 PM ---Long story short: lately, I've been waking up *almost* every morning to kitchen chores done poorly by the kids (mainly, they are slacking on wiping surfaces and sweeping).  I got fed up, so I made an announcement at dinner tonight: every morning that I wake up and put my books onto a sticky counter top when I go to do my morning prayers, everyone owes me a dollar!  My husband says to hold up; he has a better idea.  And truly, it was genius:

Each week, we will have a Kitchen Foreman to oversee kitchen duties after dinner (note: expectations for what constitutes a clean kitchen are clearly laid out and understood, including a posted checklist titled: "The Kitchen is Not Clean Until......"). If I wake up to chores not done to expectations, then only the Foreman pays me a dollar.  And only the oldest four children get to fill the Foreman role, for obvious reasons.

Can't wait to see how this plays out  ;D

--- End quote ---

My parents have the same system (kind of). Each day has a different supervisor in charge of making sure every one does their respective job.

Bernadette:
My aunt was the foreman. We had to do it again until it was done right.

Heinrich:
One Saturday years ago I assigned a foreman for Saturday chores. The workers unionized and the whole thing collapsed. There were a few hammer fists to the back on vacuuming steps duty.

MundaCorMeum:

--- Quote from: Heinrich on August 08, 2021, 02:07:40 PM ---One Saturday years ago I assigned a foreman for Saturday chores. The workers unionized and the whole thing collapsed. There were a few hammer fists to the back on vacuuming steps duty.

--- End quote ---

This is definitely a possibility here  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version