Today I Saw Masks Off

Started by Insanis, May 15, 2021, 01:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Insanis

Quote from: mikemac on May 16, 2021, 11:45:51 PM
They wouldn't allow me into the hospital here wearing a bandana either.

In December, I had to go to the hospital (in an ambulance, which was fun). I had a few broken bones (and at the time, I didn't know how bad it was, as I was fully clothed and couldn't see, and it felt one way and I never broke a bone before).

The accident happened while thinking about putting my bandana on as I was walking to the entrance to a store. It wasn't a cause of the accident, but it was what I was thinking about doing right before.

I never got it on and I was given a mask in the ambulance, and for all the follow up appointments I had to use their special disposable masks.

For surgery, I was wearing one for a while before I went in as well, which was kind of stupid.

I got cool drugs and a neat scar, which is what surgery is all about.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Insanis on May 16, 2021, 10:55:02 AM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 16, 2021, 09:58:22 AM
Quote from: Insanis on May 15, 2021, 02:17:39 PM
Quote from: Elizabeth.2 on May 15, 2021, 02:09:36 PM
Insanis I am jealous of your trad Latin screen name.

It means "insane". I haven't had any forum accounts in a while, but I tend to choose Latin or Greek words (and I always have an urge to use Unicode beyond ASCII, but it makes it a pain to type out).

Insane in Latin is insanus. Or insana if you're a woman.

Insanis is the dative and ablative plural form: "to", "with" or "by" the insane ones.

Yes. I know the actual meaning. It is a reference to the accusations against those who hold true to truths. Non insanio.

I am not personally calling myself by the name "Insane". I am referencing loyalty to the doctrines of those frequently accused of being insane. I am product of the "insane ones", or, sharing their views.

And I am very careful these days to pick words which do not give the wrong impression. In particular, I don't want it to appear to be a feminine name (that easily happens if one isn't careful), contain any substrings that might be problematic (eg, Insanus from Scunthorpe), and it has to be a single word (in case I use it where spaces would be a problem and would be forced to have underscores or other characters to keep the name, such as my usage of it on IRC, which people should use if they want to chat).

Insanis captured the intended meaning, looked right, and avoided any regrettable cosmetic issues.

However, it is a forum id, and should not be treated as a Latin noun. It is carved into digital stone and meant to be used as it is written without mutation.

It is not singular or plural or a verb. It is a database entry referring to the account ID 2436.

And if you are the same Vetus Ordo I used to know, I am glad to see you. I seem to remember you being scarce at the time I last used forums.

EDIT: Did you first register as Evangelium Gratiæ? You must have, forum ID 40. My original account was 91. Was there something about using this forum back then which promoted the use of ash?

Yes, I did.

You must be Rosarium from Fish Eaters, if I'm not mistaken. Welcome back!
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Insanis

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on May 17, 2021, 05:14:04 PM
Yes, I did.

You must be ... from Fish Eaters, if I'm not mistaken. Welcome back!

From? No. I used the site, but I am not from it.

That was a name I used and which probably had the most activity under, but I actually forget exactly, and I had more than one name.

My name first on this forum was Pæniteo. I still have a sticky up.

How are you doing? I remember your name and I think I remember some details, but I could be wrong about them. Do you attend the TLM?

If you are able and willing, I am in chat here.