Atheist

Started by Shadow Fox, July 30, 2014, 01:54:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

Quote from: Shadow Fox on July 30, 2014, 08:09:20 AM
So, you are anticipating my banning? Is that right?

Are you really that conceited that you would want me gone that badly, especially when I have yet to do anything wrong or personally insult anyone yet?

You have a thread on TTA for describing and mocking the Christian forums you visit.  Why shouldn't we think that you intend to do this to us?

(Are you sure that you want to use the word "conceited" in the sentence?  Try looking up its meaning.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Jayne on July 30, 2014, 08:13:15 AM
You have a thread on TTA for describing and mocking the Christian forums you visit.  Why shouldn't we think that you intend to do this to us?

(Are you sure that you want to use the word "conceited" in the sentence?  Try looking up its meaning.)

:lol: I saw that too!  It's a good thing us Grammar Gestapo people are here to eliminate such issues  :P
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Shadow Fox

I do know its meaning. He is being Conceited.

con·ceit·ed
k?n?s?tid/
adjective
excessively proud of oneself; vain.

Apparently you do not know what it means. I can tell he is conceited in the comment he left.

eating_nachos

"Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus, for there is no weapon more powerful in heaven or on earth." – St. John Climacus

Jayne

Quote from: Shadow Fox on July 30, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

con·ceit·ed
k?n?s?tid/
adjective

Apparently you do not know what it means. I can tell he is conceited in the comment he left.

What does being proud or vain have to do with wanting a person with apparently bad intentions to go away?

Sbyvl36

Quote from: Shadow Fox on July 30, 2014, 08:19:05 AM

con·ceit·ed
k?n?s?tid/
adjective

Let us consult the all-knowing Jayne.

Jayne, do you find me conceited?
My blog: sbyvl.wordpress.com

"Hold firmly that our faith is identical with that of the ancients. Deny this, and you dissolve the unity of the Church."
--St. Thomas Aquinas

"Neither the true faith nor eternal salvation is to be found outside the Holy Catholic Church."
--Pope Pius IX

"That the Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive."
--Archbishop Lefebvre

Heliocentricism is idiocy.

Shadow Fox

You people are starting to become dreadfully insufferable.

eating_nachos

"Flog your enemies with the Name of Jesus, for there is no weapon more powerful in heaven or on earth." – St. John Climacus

Adeodatus

This just in: dumb, gullible person assumes everyone else is dumb, gullible. Film at 11.
¡Viva Cristo Rey!
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai E?ad

Armor of Light

Shadow Fox-

Have you heard of Pascal's wager? I'd like to ask you about your take on that.
If thou wilt receive profit, read with humility, simplicity, and faith, and seek not at any time the fame of being learned.

Thomas à Kempis

Jayne

Quote from: Sbyvl36 on July 30, 2014, 08:21:50 AM
Let us consult the all-knowing Jayne.

Jayne, do you find me conceited?

Not compared to me, but who is?

Shadow Fox

Quote from: Armor of Light on July 30, 2014, 08:35:33 AM
Shadow Fox-

Have you heard of Pascal's wager? I'd like to ask you about your take on that.

Pascal's wager is not valid as it asserts that the only two possible outcomes is that Christianity is correct or Atheism is.

The fundamental flaw with this is that what if both persons are wrong and ALAH is the one true god? Amaterasu? Baron Semedi? Baal?

You could be praying to the wrong god and they could be getting madder and madder the more you do it.

That is not the only problem with it either.

Here is a fun cartoon video. Cartoons make everything more fun.

Habitual_Ritual

Quote from: Shadow Fox on July 30, 2014, 08:48:27 AM

You could be praying to the wrong god

That is of no concern to you, surely?  :shrug:
" There exists now an enormous religious ignorance. In the times since the Council it is evident we have failed to pass on the content of the Faith."

(Pope Benedict XVI speaking in October 2002.)

Shadow Fox

Quote from: Habitual_Ritual on July 30, 2014, 08:53:49 AM
That is of no concern to you, surely?  :shrug:

I think you misunderstand my friend. This is a concern for you or anyone else who tries to use PW or actually believes it to be something that can be used for an argument or reason to believe.

Jayne

Quote from: Shadow Fox on July 30, 2014, 08:59:13 AM
I think you misunderstand my friend. This is a concern for you or anyone else who tries to use PW or actually believes it to be something that can be used for an argument or reason to believe.

I actually agree with you about Pascal's Wager.  Rest assured it has nothing to do with my reasons for believing.