Do you moderate music?

Started by angelcookie, June 19, 2018, 08:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelcookie

Do you have parameters on music? I listen to all kinds of music, but some of it is terrible. It's kind of fun re-wording lyrics to housewife mom themes like I got laundry all around me and it never ends.

kayla_veronica

I try to turn on the radio in the car from time to time, immediately get appalled by the lyrics and turn it back to the CD that I'm bored with. Moral of the story: burn more CDs with music I like that I already know is clean.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

PerEvangelicaDicta

Amen!  Even if the lyrics weren't literally straight from hell, the music itself is banal.  (there are some radio station exceptions, but not many)

I used to enjoy talk radio, but became disgusted by it's uselessness, conservative or otherwise, so I began listening to Catholic radio - 99% of the discussions are interesting Catholic topics, and Q&A.  It might be EWTN radio or a local Catholic station, like Ave Maria or Relevant radio.  They have regular devotions throughout the day, also- the rosary, Angelus, litanies, etc.  When home, I stream trad Catholic radio.
They shall not be confounded in the evil time; and in the days of famine they shall be filled
Psalms 36:19

Chestertonian

Quote from: kayla_veronica on June 19, 2018, 08:50:30 PM
I try to turn on the radio in the car from time to time, immediately get appalled by the lyrics and turn it back to the CD that I'm bored with. Moral of the story: burn more CDs with music I like that I already know is clean.

People still burn CD's????
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Gardener

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 18, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

I do.

#mixtapelife
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Chestertonian on August 18, 2018, 05:31:30 PM

Yes!
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Heinrich

I will burn my Kafka BOOK this fall or winter in the fire pit.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.