KK please fix unsolicited addition to my Ignore list!

Started by Miriam_M, June 04, 2021, 10:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

There's a poster who randomly comes up as being on my Ignore list when he isn't.  I have to click "Show me the Post."  I repeatedly return to Edit Ignore list but he is not there to "edit out."  I have never put him on Ignore.

KK, please fix this.

Jayne

This is not a problem with the forum.  The poster has deliberately posted something that will look like an ignore message.  This does not require attention from KK.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Jayne on June 04, 2021, 10:23:35 AM
This is not a problem with the forum.  The poster has deliberately posted something that will look like an ignore message.  This does not require attention from KK.

How would you know that?  You can read his mind and tell us what he "deliberately" did?  And since he and I are quite friendly on the forum and in PM's, why would he "deliberately" do such a thing?

Anyway, I would appreciate it if you would not speak for KK and allow the moderator of the forum to reply, please.

Jayne

Since you posted it to the forum rather than sending a PM to KK, you chose to make it open for input from everyone.  I answered so KK would not waste his time on a non-existent problem.

Here is one of clau clau's "ignore" messages.

Quote from: clau clau on June 04, 2021, 08:25:26 AM
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

He has typed in "You are ignoring this user" and posted it.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Jayne on June 04, 2021, 10:28:51 AM
Since you posted it to the forum rather than sending a PM to KK, you chose to make it open for input from everyone.  I answered so KK would not waste his time on a non-existent problem.

I think KK, being an adult, can decide for himself, without your help, what constitutes "wasting his time." 

Jayne, this portion of the forum is appropriate for listing all kinds of problems with the forum, some of them technical, for the benefit of others who may be experiencing or have experienced the same thing. I have done so myself on other occasions -- recipient and advisor, both.  It's not up to you to imply that I should have (instead) PM'ed KK, but "chose not to."  What's wrong with you?  You're so critical of every little thing people are allowed to do without your permission. It was not inappropriate of me to post this in General Discussion.  Whether I will also PM KK about it is my business, not yours to scold me about.

Jayne

What's wrong with you?  You are absurdly over-sensitive.  You habitually see criticism and take offense at the most innocent of posts.  A normal person would have thanked me for being helpful.

MaximGun

I think she is right in this case Miriam, because I could not see Clau Clau's post either and I don't have him on ignore and his show me the post was hyperlinked elsewhere which a bug would not do.

Miriam_M

Quote from: MaximGun on June 04, 2021, 11:02:44 AM
I think she is right in this case Miriam, because I could not see Clau Clau's post either and I don't have him on ignore and his show me the post was hyperlinked elsewhere which a bug would not do.

I'm not objecting to anyone's attempt to help, including yours, but rather the tone, assumptions, and manner of the post. So if I am and was ignorant of the problem and whether it could be fixed or instead required moderator assistance, the nature of the response was uncalled for on her part (not yours).

To accuse an innocent poster of "wasting the moderator's time" and someone else of "deliberately" trying to be ignored is out of line.

clau clau

Apologies.  MiriamM, sent you a PM.

Another poster, who I have on ignore, pissed me off and I was trying to make a point (but it obviously caused collateral damage).
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jayne

For the record, my reaction the first time clau clau did this:

Quote from: Jayne on May 30, 2021, 06:14:01 AM
Quote from: clau clau on May 30, 2021, 06:06:10 AM
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

:laugh:  You got me.  For a second there, I was thinking, "Wait, what?  I don't have clau clau on ignore."

MaximGun

Quote from: clau clau on June 04, 2021, 12:22:31 PM

Another poster, who I have on ignore, pissed me off and I was trying to make a point (but it obviously caused collateral damage).

I was funny though.  You tricked me into clicking the hyperlink since I only have 2 people on ignore.

clau clau

Quote from: MaximGun on June 04, 2021, 12:36:56 PM

I was funny though.  You tricked me into clicking the hyperlink since I only have 2 people on ignore.

Did you click on the one?

This one.
http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25585.msg533892#msg533892

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

MaximGun

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: MaximGun on June 04, 2021, 11:02:44 AM

Well, if there was still any lingering doubt about MaximGun and Greg being the same person, this should dispel it.  Greg would never admit Jayne to be right  ;D

Insanis

Someone pissed you off? Did they make a thread about you calling you a troll and other false accusations? Did they call for you to be banned? Did they post blasphemies against the Mother of God?

Did they stay on the sidelines thanking hostile posts to you?

Was it that they posted more threads with more text in them than you think you are comfortable with? Did that hurt your feelings?

Tell me, what did it take to piss you off?

Why did you post a link to that old thread when I gave an update on myself in 2017?