To All My Critics

Started by Insanis, June 04, 2021, 07:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vetus Ordo

I have nothing personal against Rosarium. In fact, I remember him fondly from the times when he was the top poster at Fish Eaters. However, to be completely honest, I don't read 90% of what he's posting here anymore. I just skim down the page. Walls and walls of text. Being able to communicate adequately with few words is a needed art.

Furthermore, I should add that the meta-posting is annoying. We all want better moderation but as members none of us gets to micromanage the forum. You don't walk into a new group and start telling it how to function. Signaling blasphemy is one thing, lecturing other people about their posting patterns is quite another.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 03:52:58 PMlecturing other people about their posting patterns is quite another.

But that is exactly what multiple people are doing to Insanis.  Why is everybody allowed to tell him he posts too much but he is not allowed to comment on other people's posting patterns?
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Insanis

Redacted

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Insanis on June 05, 2021, 06:44:44 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 03:52:58 PM
I have nothing personal against Rosarium. In fact, I remember him fondly from the times when he was the top poster at Fish Eaters. However, to be completely honest, I don't read 90% of what he's posting here anymore. I just skim down the page. Walls and walls of text. Being able to communicate adequately with few words is a needed art.

Furthermore, I should add that the meta-posting is annoying. We all want better moderation but as members none of us gets to micromanage the forum. You don't walk into a new group and start telling it how to function. Signaling blasphemy is one thing, lecturing other people about their posting patterns is quite another.

I am Insanis here. Use my forum name.

And that is ridiculous. Every thread here has been grounds for attacking me personally, including from you on a post made in the Sacred Sciences subforum.

Responding to those critics and attacks is perfectly reasonable. I didn't start it. You people did.

This is not your fault, Insanis, but it's clear you don't have the social-communication skills required to understand that most of what you deem to be "personal attacks" are not so. Having these skills is a prerequisite to engage in fruitful conversation among adults in society.

I would advise you to be aware of your limitations in this area and to adjust your behavior accordingly.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Jayne

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 07:32:55 PM
This is not your fault, Insanis, but it's clear you don't have the social-communication skills required to understand that most of what you deem to be "personal attacks" are not so. Having these skills is a prerequisite to engage in fruitful conversation among adults in society.

There have been many personal attacks on him.  He has been correct in most of what he has identified as personal attacks.  His social-communication skills seem quite adequate for this.

Insanis

Answers were received.

Insanis

Problem was resolved.

Miriam_M

Quote from: Insanis on June 05, 2021, 09:33:02 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 07:32:55 PM
I would advise you to be aware of your limitations in this area and to adjust your behavior accordingly.

You view Catholic theology as a "clique" and view forum rules as creating "safe spaces" and think you can post whatever wherever, but I am in the wrong for wanting...what?

I didn't create any rules here. I didn't create any novel theologies or doctrines.

The anarchy you want for yourself should be at least be granted to others, otherwise, you are asking for special treatment.

I do not see where or how Vetus has even subtly suggested cliques, safe spaces, or anarchy— for himself or others.

Insanis

I received an answer.

Jayne

Quote from: Miriam_M on June 05, 2021, 10:15:16 PM
Quote from: Insanis on June 05, 2021, 09:33:02 PM
You view Catholic theology as a "clique" and view forum rules as creating "safe spaces" and think you can post whatever wherever, but I am in the wrong for wanting...what?

I didn't create any rules here. I didn't create any novel theologies or doctrines.

The anarchy you want for yourself should be at least be granted to others, otherwise, you are asking for special treatment.

I do not see where or how Vetus has even subtly suggested cliques, safe spaces, or anarchy— for himself or others.

Insanis refers to this post:

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 07:24:36 PM
Quote from: Insanis on June 05, 2021, 06:38:41 PM
Quote from: Vetus Ordo on June 05, 2021, 03:00:23 PM
That's a bad idea.

No-one in SD has any particular authority to pontificate on theology. Allowing only a select few members to post here will just reinforce certain cliques.

Some people are more qualified than others though.

The theology of the Roman Catholic Church isn't a "clique".

Nor did I claim it was.

The cliques to be avoided are people posturing on the internet and demanding safe spaces in forums to echo their own thoughts.

Tennessean

I think insanis has a colossal persecution complex.

Insanis

This thread was dead for two days until you replied. The forum doesn't pop into existence when you log in.

Quote from: Tennessean on June 08, 2021, 02:31:55 PM

75% of your daily posts so far (the first in six days) were critical of me.

The rest was a post on a thread I made.

You have 6 days of posting to catch up, and all your public activity was on me. I'm touched. And a bit disturbed.

This is a thread on this forum, open for 2 days.

And you don't want to know what is in my "new replies" box or what posts that have my name in them are about.

It is not a complex...it is a major segment of this forum's activity!

Granted, this forum doesn't have high volume, but negativity towards me takes up 100% of some forum users public activity, and large percentages of quite a few.

That is not a complex...that is my forum experience.

And look at this thread: it was more popular than devotional or intellectual topics.

Certainly, it is a struggle to see exactly how significant this is, but when I look around, it is probably more significant than I perceive it to be.

It reminds me of that song that came out when I was young.

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on June 08, 2021, 02:38:32 PM
Quote from: Tennessean on June 08, 2021, 02:31:55 PM

75% of your daily posts so far (the first in six days) were critical of me.
You're popping out 38 posts in one day, and you've got the gall to tally my posts?

QuoteIt is not a complex...it is a major segment of this forum's activity!
I don't know, you seem to thrive on all the clicks.

QuoteGranted, this forum doesn't have high volume, but negativity towards me takes up 100% of some forum users public activity, and large percentages of quite a few.
No, it doesn't. Its a quiet place, like forums in general have been for years now.

QuoteAnd look at this thread: it was more popular than devotional or intellectual topics.
You could make devotionals instead. The intellectual topics have undoubtedly been covered in as many years as the forum's been here. We're a bit late.

Insanis

Quote from: Tennessean on June 08, 2021, 03:19:34 PM
You're popping out 38 posts in one day, and you've got the gall to tally my posts?
Gall? It is a single half a screen of posts on your profile!

It was 4 total posts when I looked, 3 were critical of me, and the other was on my thread (about China).

I'm not doing the math for this one, but it adds to the percentage.

No, it doesn't. Its a quiet place, like forums in general have been for years now.
A forum is very quiet when one is not on it.

QuoteYou could make devotionals instead. The intellectual topics have undoubtedly been covered in as many years as the forum's been here. We're a bit late.

I do. Look at what I post and what topics I made.

As for intellectual, the Moral Debate on Rape was 8 years late, and not covered at all, and the responses this time were even worse than the feminist arguments in 2013!

Tennessean

Quote from: Insanis on June 08, 2021, 03:37:08 PM
Quote from: Tennessean on June 08, 2021, 03:19:34 PMYou could make devotionals instead. The intellectual topics have undoubtedly been covered in as many years as the forum's been here. We're a bit late.

I do. Look at what I post and what topics I made.
Great. Keep at it.