The Parish Hall > The Coffee Pot

Making and Fixing Rosaries (Chaplets)

(1/3) > >>

Insanis:
I used to make rosaries a lot. I had a website where one could request a free one, and I sold custom and other designs to help support that.

I got very busy, the costs were too high, and my time was limited, so I stopped.

Recently, I mentioned two rosaries I had made for someone as samples for a bookstore, but the bookstore changed direction, so I recovered the samples and finished them with the design of my choice (the samples were incomplete, to allow for alterations after being reviewed). I had them for a while, until I showed them in a thread here briefly, and someone bought them. Then I got requests to make similar or the same designs so I started work on that. I was going to buy beads, but I ended up not needing to, but I did see some beads that would make very nice unique rosaries and I wanted to buy them and use them.

But, having no actual plan for what to do with it (I have a personal rosary), I thought "well, someone would want it", but I don't want to start a business or be motivated by money. I just thought making nice rosaries would be good, but there is a cost. So I was thinking, I could make rosaries and list the cost of making it, and the buyer would pay at least that and whatever they wanted or could more. Typically, when I keep costs low, people send a little extra anyway. I've never had any anyone try to reduce the asking price actually. I just thought about this. Almost everything else, unless I am deliberately selling below market value, people are tempted to or do haggle (and I'm fine with that).

Of course, repairs are free usually. It is just shipping. Most designs can be fixed without any cost incurred. But missing parts or unusual designs require more effort/imagination.

In the coming weeks, I am planning on making some very nice designs and I'll list them here, if I am around (never too definite about the future).

Melkor:
Yes post some pictures please when you can; Iím always interested in a good Rosary.

Insanis:

--- Quote from: Melkor on May 23, 2021, 11:05:01 AM ---Yes post some pictures please when you can; Iím always interested in a good Rosary.

--- End quote ---

You can message me about specific things you like. I am going to order beads soon and I want to get as many ordered as possible. I am going to order beads I know I can use, and get some of the ones I saw to make something special. Most things are not as expensive as people think (and some things are extremely expensive).

All are special, but I'm talking in terms of my own making experience.

Insanis:

--- Quote from: Melkor on May 23, 2021, 11:05:01 AM ---Yes post some pictures please when you can; Iím always interested in a good Rosary.

--- End quote ---

Here is a temporary picture of one I just finished: https://imgur.com/a/1254S7m

Tennessean:
I'm making a monkey fist rosary out of paracord. I've got a steel ball in there in case I need to use it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version