what Paul VI meant by the smoke of Satan entering the Church.

Started by martin88nyc, February 18, 2018, 10:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

https://akacatholic.com/bergoglio-a-chip-off-the-old-scratch/#comments

This is what Louie wrote in his last blog entry:

QuoteMany people who should know better get this wrong:

When Montini decried the "smoke of Satan," he wasn't making a tacit admission that the Council itself is problematic; rather, he (just like his protege Bergoglio) was denouncing those who were resisting the Council as tools of Satan as he went on to say:

We believe in something preternatural coming into the world [the Devil] precisely to disturb, to suffocate anything of the Ecumenical Council, and to prevent the Church from blossoming in the joy of having regained full consciousness of Herself.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Innocent Smith

Could be.

Or could it have been the signal for all in the know that the mission was accomplished?
I am going to hold a pistol to the head of the modern man. But I shall not use it to kill him, only to bring him to life.

OSB Melitensis

"In ancient times, our forefathers sowed the seeds of the wheat of faith in that field which is the Church. It would be quite unjust and improper if we, their descendents, gathered, instead of the genuine truth of wheat, the false tares of error. On the contrary, it is logically correct that the beginning and the end be in agreement, that we reap from the planting of the wheat of doctrine the harvest of the wheat of dogma. In this way, none of the Characteristics of the seed is changed, although something evolved in the course of time from those first seeds and has now expanded under careful cultivation. What may be added is merely appearance, beauty, and distinction, but the proper nature of each kind remains."  St. Vincent of Lerins

martin88nyc

Quote from: OSB Melitensis on March 14, 2018, 03:47:29 AM
Here is a different interpretation from a close associate of Paul VI:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com.mt/2012/12/liturgical-abuses-have-to-stop.html
But the question remains why he didn't do anything about it. That the pope was weak and even referred to himself as Hamlet is a known fact but why not do anything about the liturgy knowing that instead of honoring God it is in many places offending Him gravely.
PS: Louie, while very zelous, often comes to conclusions that are based on his subjective assessment. Perhaps I should send him the link above.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Acolyte

Why wouldn't Paul the VI do anything about communion in the and the after he was disobeyed ?

"The Holy Father ... does not consider it opportune that the sacred Particle be distributed in the hand and later consumed in different manners by the faithful, and therefore, he vehemently exhorts [that] the Conference offer the opportune resolutions so that the traditional manner of communicating be restored throughout the world." (Pope Paul VI in a October 12, 1965 letter of the "Consilium" to Bernard Cardinal Alfrink, Archbishop of Utrecht, Netherlands)

This is a good article..
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2014/03/truth-about-communion-in-hand-while.html?m=1

Paul VI caved.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Amos

Quote from: Acolyte on March 15, 2018, 12:10:22 AM
Why wouldn't Paul the VI do anything about communion in the and the after he was disobeyed ?

"The Holy Father ... does not consider it opportune that the sacred Particle be distributed in the hand and later consumed in different manners by the faithful, and therefore, he vehemently exhorts [that] the Conference offer the opportune resolutions so that the traditional manner of communicating be restored throughout the world." (Pope Paul VI in a October 12, 1965 letter of the "Consilium" to Bernard Cardinal Alfrink, Archbishop of Utrecht, Netherlands)

This is a good article..
http://www.newliturgicalmovement.org/2014/03/truth-about-communion-in-hand-while.html?m=1

Paul VI caved.

Oh, don't you know? He has heroic virtue! He will be canonized soon. Caving in, cowering, crying, and letting the Church burn is certainly an aspect of saintly heroic virtue. How dare we question him! #CanonizeEverything

Vetus Ordo

Montini is already a saint, right?

I haven't kept track.
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Amos

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Amos on March 16, 2018, 07:50:24 PM
It's supposed to happen in October, God unwilling.

Ah, okay.

It will happen, though. If Wojtyla can be saint, why not Montini?
DISPOSE OUR DAYS IN THY PEACE, AND COMMAND US TO BE DELIVERED FROM ETERNAL DAMNATION, AND TO BE NUMBERED IN THE FLOCK OF THINE ELECT.

Amos

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on March 16, 2018, 07:53:00 PMIf Wojtyla can be saint, why not Montini?

"Saints" only insofar that they are in heaven - everything else; confirming heroic virtue, confirming miracles, declaring that they are safe for emulation, and the overall prudence of their canonizations is highly questionable. And by highly questionable, I mean erroneous and degrading.

Irishcyclist

Quote from: martin88nyc on March 14, 2018, 11:24:12 AM
Quote from: OSB Melitensis on March 14, 2018, 03:47:29 AM
Here is a different interpretation from a close associate of Paul VI:

http://pro-tridentina-malta.blogspot.com.mt/2012/12/liturgical-abuses-have-to-stop.html
But the question remains why he didn't do anything about it. That the pope was weak and even referred to himself as Hamlet is a known fact but why not do anything about the liturgy knowing that instead of honoring God it is in many places offending Him gravely.
PS: Louie, while very zelous, often comes to conclusions that are based on his subjective assessment. Perhaps I should send him the link above.

Verrecchio, I think, is a chancer.

Greg

Quote from: Amos on March 16, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
"Saints" only insofar that they are in heaven.

Yeah..right.

If they are in Heaven, then what is the phucking point in having any rules or dogmas or principles?

Why are Trads making any effort, if they believe these unrepentant reprobates are saved?  Just because one of their buddies wearing the right coloured smock utters the magic words.

God would have to be a total piss-taker to let them into Heaven.

You get to Heaven, (despite wrecking the Church and the faith of millions), but go to Hell for all eternity as a blaspheming 5 year old child or for having a wank?

What a load of old bollocks.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Amos

Quote from: Greg on March 16, 2018, 08:14:02 PM
Quote from: Amos on March 16, 2018, 08:02:25 PM
"Saints" only insofar that they are in heaven.

Yeah..right.

If they are in Heaven, then what is the phucking point in having any rules or dogmas or principles?

Why are Trads making any effort, if they believe these unrepentant reprobates are saved?  Just because one of their buddies wearing the right coloured smock utters the magic words.

God would have to be a total piss-taker to let them into Heaven.

You get to Heaven, (despite wrecking the Church and the faith of millions), but go to Hell for all eternity as a blaspheming 5 year old child or for having a wank?

What a load of old bollocks.

It is entirely possible that they were saved on their deathbeds at the last minute, regardless of their idiocy.

Vetus Ordo

Quote from: Amos on March 16, 2018, 08:28:04 PM
It is entirely possible that they were saved on their deathbeds at the last minute, regardless of their idiocy.

It is entirely possible that any person whatsoever in the history of planet earth had a deathbed conversion. God is sovereign, He can make it happen.

That's not why Montini is being promoted to sainthood, though. Nor why Wojtyla was fasttracked to the glory of the altar.

Amos

Quote from: Vetus Ordo on March 16, 2018, 08:30:46 PM
Quote from: Amos on March 16, 2018, 08:28:04 PM

It is entirely possible that any person whatsoever in the history of planet earth had a deathbed conversion. God is sovereign, He can make it happen.

That's not why Montini is being promoted to sainthood, though. Nor why Wojtyla was fasttracked to the glory of the altar.

Indeed. It's all a part of the current agenda.