Do you believe Jorge Bergoglio is the Vicar of Christ on Earth?

Started by CMTV, February 11, 2018, 06:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMTV

That time of year again. Time flies.

Yes or no. Not maybe. No "it's above my pay grade". No "I am not God to say".  No "It's not as easy as yes or no."
If you don't wish to vote, then refrain.

"But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth" -  Apoc 3:15

Sei nicht wie ein Strauß.
Whoever says Pope St. John Paul II was not a Pope, does not have a heart.
Whoever says Francis is the Pope, does not have a brain.
To recognize a heretic as the Pope and resist him at the same time is a modernist heresy and a schismatic act. This is a blatant denial of the dogma of papal infallibility.
For no true Pope should be doctrinally resisted, but obeyed.
www.francisquotes.com

Miriam_M

Quote from: CMTV on February 11, 2018, 06:31:46 PM
That time of year again. Time flies.

If you want to limit responses to yes and no, you're probably on the wrong forum.
:P

Do I believe that Jesus Christ will ask that question of one single Catholic, save Jorge Bergoglio himself, and any who may have conspired to manipulate an election, possibly knowing that JB did not represent Catholicism? 
NO!

He won't be asking you or me that question.  So remind me again, why is the question important for any lay person to answer?  Because if you can satisfy my curiosity with a rational reason why lay opinions pertain to our salvation, I will indeed be happy to vote.

martin88nyc

Quote from: CMTV on February 11, 2018, 06:31:46 PM

"But because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold, not hot, I will begin to vomit thee out of my mouth" -  Apoc 3:15

Really?
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Livenotonevil

May God forgive me for my consistent sins of the flesh and any blasphemous and carnal desire, as well as forgive me whenever I act prideful, against the desire of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, to be a Temple of the Holy Spirit.

Acolyte

What Francis did to the Chinese Catholics pretty much tells me all I need to know.

So to answer the question of whether Francis is the Pope, I'll just say he could have been.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

King Wenceslas

So he is not the pope. Ok. Now what? So all the bishops and cardinals that he appoints are NOT bishops and cardinals. So he rules for another 5 to 10 years. What then? To many cardinals are not cardinals and you can't have a valid conclave. The Church is toast and eventually ceases to exist.

It is the same trap that the sede's want everyone to walk into so we all end up in "home alone" or a sede chapel with no possiblity of electing a pope because they
are super divided themselves.

The only way I can see out of this is that he is an apostate pope but still a pope. Pray for him but don't listen to him.

Miriam_M

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 13, 2018, 02:06:05 PM

The only way I can see out of this is that he is an apostate pope but still a pope. Pray for him but don't listen to him.

Yes.  That's basically what sedeprivationism is.

martin88nyc

"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Irishcyclist

There was a coup d'etat at the Vatican in 2013.

Not to be flippant, but Lance Armstrong never won the Tour De France either. People can.produce images of Armstrong being presented with his prizes, but literally no one recognises him or regards him as anything but a cheat and a liar.

lauermar

No.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how a person (now deceased) who actively participated in public idol worship with animists until his death, and kissed a filthy Qua'ran in front of cameras can be canonized as a model for Catholic behavior,  let alone a pope. How was he able to get past the 1st commandment?  This isn't a question of not having a heart. But that's for a separate thread.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

Elizabeth

Quote from: Acolyte on February 13, 2018, 08:59:05 AM
So to answer the question of whether Francis is the Pope, I'll just say he could have been.
:beer: Good one!

martin88nyc

King Wenceslas

Quote from: lauermar on February 14, 2018, 03:51:52 AM
No.

I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how a person (now deceased) who actively participated in public idol worship with animists until his death, and kissed a filthy Qua'ran in front of cameras can be canonized as a model for Catholic behavior,  let alone a pope. How was he able to get past the 1st commandment?  This isn't a question of not having a heart. But that's for a separate thread.

Ok lauermar, JPII was not a pope. Ok, under his authority 98% of the Cardinals who elected BXVI were appointed by the Qua'ran kisser. No pope, no cardinals, no BXVI as Pope. What next? Home alone, flirtatious SSPX, sede land? Take your pick. I am certain 30 years from now you will have a beautiful, wonderful faith and a nice warm feeling in your stomach.

It is a dead, dead, dead end where your are heading and all the rest that think the same.

clau clau

Pick one.

- Is the Pope Catholic ?
- Who am I to judge.
- It depends what you mean by 'is'.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)