Self-Defense for the Citizen

Started by dellery, September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dellery

https://mega.nz/file/cVxklK6b#brFCtVhIx-8bWYmcStqiDg1mzroMuVJfXF4x0Ck9tKM

Here's my "pistol" for example.

11.5" Geissele upper on a mil-spec Stag Arms lower with Troy Industries' flip-up HK sights.
My sling is a padded Vickers sling by Blue Force Gear with a Surefire Scout weapon light and Warcomp flash hider. The optic is an Eotech EXPS-3.

For Mass I'm running a St. Andrew's Missal w/ Agnus Dei sacramental ranger-banded together.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

dellery

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions

dellery

I was going to save this for last, but after recommending people buy apx. $2000 in guns and ammo, and planning to recommend them buying $2-3k in fighting and communication equipment as well, it seems appropriate to show how to fund this spending.

I wont go into too many details here but...

Become a DEA informant! You can make real good money doing this.
And before somebody says "that's a good way to  get killed", you set up an anonymous LLC and receive payment into that.
You manage the risk yourself. You wanna do an actual buy from a dealer? Or do you want to collect photos and other intel while maintaining stand-off from the target? Your choice.
You don't have to be a druggie either and the DEA will pay for tips from hobby informants.
Get creative.
Go to where the drugs are and start paying attention. Wait until somebody pings your radar and hone in on them. Be patient and thorough. Collect as much evidence as you can that confirms this person is selling drugs. Try not to let the DEA outpace you and attempt to locate the dealer's supplier before turning the dealer in so that you can make some more money off the supplier later, or gather evidence on the whole network and turn that in (that's how you get the coveted $500,000 payoff).

One thing to always understand about Thugs is that they are weak. They are very dangerous if they catch you off-guard, or for women, children, and the elderly, but they are no fighters. This is why they always get killed in a fight with anybody except another Thug or the weak.
The Thug is a poser who can only put on his tough act during a time of peace in a civilized society. If a Thug thinks that you will/can kill him he'll try to charm you, become submissive, or a combination of both.

Anyhow, don't be too afraid to do this. It's a good way to make a lot of extra money and it will help develop some rather unique skills.

[Edit] Just so we're clear, you have to bring your info directly to the DEA. If you give your tip to the Police they'll act on it themselves and you might get a Crime-stoppers reward, but nothing like what the DEA will pay.

Nous Defions

dellery

I was looking up videos on YT pertaining to being an informant for the DEA and didn't find much except for this cool story.

$500,000 is the max payout. It's either 23% or $500,000 which ever is less.

Nous Defions

Prayerful

I cannot really sleep now, but I think here in Ireland the only firearm available in any normal, predictable way are bolt action firearms suitable for hunting, whatever's applicable to hunting anything from deer to ducks. Handguns are de-facto illegal, except for some with old grandfathered licences, and for a very restricted sporting context, target shooting.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dellery

Quote from: Kaesekopf on October 16, 2020, 04:55:09 PM
Ciao, birdie.

Am I being moderated here, Kaese? Not understanding your post.

Nous Defions

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: dellery on October 16, 2020, 06:34:41 PM
Ciao, birdie.

No, dellery. A troll posted to the thread, but was quickly banned, and the posts were deleted.

Lynne

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on October 16, 2020, 06:37:55 PM
Ciao, birdie.

No, dellery. A troll posted to the thread, but was quickly banned, and the posts were deleted.

Wow, it must have been bad. He never deletes posts...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Quote from: Lynne on October 17, 2020, 06:17:18 AM
Ciao, birdie.

Probably another jest at Jayne and complaint(by her).
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Fleur-de-Lys

Quote from: Heinrich on October 17, 2020, 08:50:29 AM
Ciao, birdie.

Wrong.

Heinrich

Quote from: Fleur-de-Lys on October 17, 2020, 09:46:46 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on October 17, 2020, 08:50:29 AM
Ciao, birdie.

Wrong.

Scherz.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LongHaired CountryBoy

Quote from: dellery on September 17, 2020, 09:33:08 AM
This thread is going to be a resource for individual's to empower themselves with.

First we'll start with a short introductory reading list:

The IET Handbook (https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/iethandbook.pdf)

The Ranger Handbook

Total Resistance

Strategic Rifleman

[...]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsQTkshMASM[/yt]

dellery

That guy in the commercial sounds just like Alex Jones.

Nous Defions

red solo cup

For me the biggest problem is security. How do you know who you can trust, outside of family and friends? How does one know that anyone on this forum or on the internet isn't an agent provocateur? How do you guard against that?
non impediti ratione cogitationis