Favorite Movie of 2012

Started by Bonaventure, December 28, 2012, 03:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 29, 2012, 08:54:18 PM
Quote from: beagle on December 29, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
The only thing I saw was the re-release of Lawrence of Arabia, so I guess that could count.

That could count as favorite movie of 2012.  And every other year.

I liked the part when he's at the well and Omar Shariff is riding towards him from the distance.

beagle

Quote from: Ben on December 29, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on December 29, 2012, 08:54:18 PM
Quote from: beagle on December 29, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
The only thing I saw was the re-release of Lawrence of Arabia, so I guess that could count.

That could count as favorite movie of 2012.  And every other year.

I liked the part when he's at the well and Omar Shariff is riding towards him from the distance.

Yeah, that is a really striking shot. Some of the bonus stuff they played before the film talked about how they did that; bunch of technical stuff and I don't really remember.

LouisIX

I'm a very big Paul Thomas Anderson fan so I was really looking forward to The Master.  There Will Be Blood is one of my favorite films of all-time.

I liked The Master, but I don't think anyone can give an honest appraisal of a PTA film after only one or even two viewings.  It's true that there is more sexual content than there should be, but the rest of the movie was quite interesting and very well done.

I wouldn't recommend it to most people, but those who enjoy PTA and great acting should see it.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

totiusque

"Whenever anything disagreeable or displeasing happens to you, remember Christ crucified and be silent."
—St John of the Cross