Done Anything Fun Lately?

Started by piabee, March 11, 2013, 01:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arun

Quote from: Bernadette on July 16, 2015, 12:57:23 AM
Quote from: Rose on July 13, 2015, 08:58:30 AM
Started a 30 day walking challenge and completed my first two days- 5k steps yesterday, 5500 today. Aim is to be comfortably walking 10k steps a day by the end (about 6 and a half km). Not so sure if it's fun, but at least I feel virtuous  :)

I went back to the gym two days ago. Now I'm in the middle of second-day-after agony. I feel virtuous, too.  :lol: :beer:

i get real bad DOMS if i go too long without working out. try get your hands on some Namman Muay liniment it's the best thing i've found, especiially combined with epsom salt ice baths first lol.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

LausTibiChriste

I should be heading to Teresin Niecomesomethingorrather tomorrow...shrine of St Maximilian Kolbe  8)
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

dymphna17

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on July 16, 2015, 04:42:36 AM
I should be heading to Teresin Niecomesomethingorrather tomorrow...shrine of St Maximilian Kolbe  8)

Please remember us along with your thanksgiving.  If that is what you are going for.   8)
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

LausTibiChriste

Oh dont you worry about that  ;)

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

MundaCorMeum

His feast day is my birthday, so if you could spare even a short prayer for me, I'd be very appreciative  :D

Gardener

niepokalanów

He's my patron. Please take pics!
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on July 16, 2015, 06:41:10 AM

niepokalanów

He's my patron. Please take pics!

That's the one.

Will do!

- MaximGun

maryslittlegarden

Went to our local street fair over lunch.  I might go back after work, so I can do some more shopping. :):)
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Chestertonian

wemt to the park in our neighborhood with my son for a bit watched him go all the way across the monkey bars
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Heinrich

Played horseshoes with Gardner along with a couple of Gaelic warriors in the desert sands of central Colorado.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Arun

Quote from: Heinrich on July 19, 2015, 02:51:43 PM
Played horseshoes with Gardner along with a couple of Gaelic warriors in the desert sands of central Colorado.

whats horseshoes?

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Lynne

Quote from: Arun on July 19, 2015, 03:57:39 PM

whats horseshoes?

A game, played with horse shoes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoes

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Arun

Quote from: Lynne on July 20, 2015, 09:26:39 AM
Quote from: Arun on July 19, 2015, 03:57:39 PM

whats horseshoes?

A game, played with horse shoes...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseshoes

oh yeah now i know it.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Heinrich

And know that my team won two out of three!
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on July 20, 2015, 02:47:59 PM
And know that my team won two out of three!

Well yeah, we were the B-Team.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe