The Irish Revolution

Started by red solo cup, May 23, 2018, 04:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

I follow this guy on facebook. He's pretty good.

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Greg

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

red solo cup

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Greg on June 03, 2018, 02:11:32 AM
What did it gain them?
To establish a Catholic government; and promote the Catholic faith in Ireland vs. The previous regime that tried to suppress it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Prayerful

What did it gain them?

Dublin before independence had nearly the worst slums in Europe. After independence, and particularly from the 1930s when public housing was built in Crumlin, that was mostly cleared. Ireland is now quite prosperous, better than the third rate Wales or it was fated otherwise to become, fishingand shooting estates for sportsmen, without the coal fuelled industry. The apostasy (two thirds or so) is hardly unexpected, one of the many poisoned fruits of the Great Apostasy, that Montini (rigged election like our wonderful Pope) rigged Masonic Council / V2 and that pretended Montini Mass.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Greg

Yet protestanrs to the North resist the slaughter of babies.  While two-thirds of the Irish Catholics support it.

Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Michael Wilson

I think Msgr. Lefebvre stated it quite succinctly when he said that "In order to remain Catholic, we must become Protestant"; speaking of the fact that in order to remain in union with Rome one must accept the errors of Vatican II. Catholic Ireland is now Apostate Ireland: "Corruptio Optimi Pessima".
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

red solo cup

red solo cup

diaduit

Honestly, I'd gladly return to the pound currency and tag along with Britain on the brexit train.

I know I know it's treacherous talk  :o

red solo cup

Quote from: diaduit on July 05, 2018, 02:12:58 AM
Honestly, I'd gladly return to the pound currency and tag along with Britain on the brexit train.

I know I know it's treacherous talk  :o
Could you elaborate?

diaduit

Well I'm no economist or expert. Its just a idea.

Britain held onto its currency while the rest of us mugs took the euro.  Our currency depends on the success or failures of all EU states.  Now one of the more VIP countries has decided to leave and they have the ability to do so as they kept the pound.  If Brexit is a success and I think it will be, the pound is a secure and solid currency.  EU are being aggressively bullish about this and they have no right to be.  You want to leave the club then you should be able to do so.  The reason they are pissed off is because the euro is weak and vulnerable.
Until our Independence, we were in the British currency and actually I think we should have stayed. 
Lets say some catastrophe, WWIII or fall of the EU, I'd rather my savings in the pound than the euro.

Greg

awkwardcustomer

Quote from: Prayerful on June 07, 2018, 02:44:37 PM
What did it gain them?

Dublin before independence had nearly the worst slums in Europe. After independence, and particularly from the 1930s when public housing was built in Crumlin, that was mostly cleared. Ireland is now quite prosperous, better than the third rate Wales or it was fated otherwise to become, fishingand shooting estates for sportsmen, without the coal fuelled industry. The apostasy (two thirds or so) is hardly unexpected, one of the many poisoned fruits of the Great Apostasy, that Montini (rigged election like our wonderful Pope) rigged Masonic Council / V2 and that pretended Montini Mass.

Yes, why single out Ireland.  Vatican II has destroyed Catholic nations right across the world.
And formerly the heretics were manifest; but now the Church is filled with heretics in disguise.  
St Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lecture 15, para 9.

And what rough beast, it's hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
WB Yeats, 'The Second Coming'.

Greg

Because of all the Americans who have never seen Ireland, and romanticize about the place because their great-grandfather had red-hair.