Bought anything interesting lately?

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 10:49:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mithrandylan

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

tmw89

Going to sound a little odd, but... I just ordered new sneakers.

They were on sale for 50% off, so I figured I might as well.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Archer

Quote from: tmw89 on January 28, 2013, 05:57:09 AM

Great deal! I almost always have to try shoes on.  I did just buy a pair of corframs, but only because I know my size and the best price was ordering them online from our uniform center.
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

tmw89

Quote from: Archer on January 28, 2013, 06:02:19 AM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 28, 2013, 05:57:09 AM

Great deal! I almost always have to try shoes on.  I did just buy a pair of corframs, but only because I know my size and the best price was ordering them online from our uniform center.

I'm the same way - usually I have to try them on (different sizes for different makes) but I happened to already own sneakers from this maker, so...  :D
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

dymphna17

Bought 2 of these and framed them.  One is for my foyer and one is for a friend.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

piabee

This wasn't exactly recently, but if you don't have a laptop desk I highly recommend it. Should've bought it years ago.

Penelope

A textbook for a class I'm teaching starting last week. Hopefully, the book will arrive by Wednesday. How I'm supposed to teach this class until then without a book is beyond me... Also, why my school doesn't supply me with my textbooks is also beyond me...

Pheo

This just got delivered on Friday - the three-volume History of Middle Earth set.  Can't wait to get started.

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Eliza

Quote from: Pheo on January 28, 2013, 09:42:03 PM
This just got delivered on Friday - the three-volume History of Middle Earth set.  Can't wait to get started.

*GASP*

I want that!

tx2step

A great leather Coach purse at Goodwill for $9.99,
not bad for a $300+ purse!

I love expensive purses, bought CHEAP!
I usually score on eBay.

piabee

Ancilla Domini

Quote from: Penelope on January 28, 2013, 09:17:53 PM
A textbook for a class I'm teaching starting last week. Hopefully, the book will arrive by Wednesday. How I'm supposed to teach this class until then without a book is beyond me... Also, why my school doesn't supply me with my textbooks is also beyond me...

Have you tried contacting the publisher? They usually provide instructors with desk copies free of charge. I've never heard of buying your own.

Penelope

It's not a real textbook. It's an anthology. I can submit a check request for reimbursement to my department chair if I really want to make a to-do about it.

Anyway, I also don't have a curriculum, if that's any indication as to the state of things at my school. I didn't have a curriculum at my last school, either, and that was my first teaching job. I'm surprised they trusted me so much to form my own curriculum...

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Penelope on January 30, 2013, 01:48:40 AM
It's not a real textbook. It's an anthology. I can submit a check request for reimbursement to my department chair if I really want to make a to-do about it.

Anyway, I also don't have a curriculum, if that's any indication as to the state of things at my school. I didn't have a curriculum at my last school, either, and that was my first teaching job. I'm surprised they trusted me so much to form my own curriculum...

That sounds a lot more fun than just teaching based off of someone else.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.