Why women lose the dating game

Started by Kaesekopf, December 30, 2012, 11:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 03, 2013, 06:56:20 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 03, 2013, 05:49:50 PMWouldn't you say this is part of the problem, though, HK? 

It is one of those "just sayin'" posts. I don't think anything is wrong with observing a person's sexuality as long as it's not distilled to only that. Sexuality is still part of a person's overall package.

Oh.

Gotcha.  :)
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 03, 2013, 05:46:58 PM
Quote from: The Harlequin King on January 01, 2013, 03:23:05 PM
Interesting observations, but it still isn't any consolation for those 20-something males who want to get married in the near future.

The 20-somethings need to get their crap together, then. 

Dress nicer, learn how to carry a conversation, be interesting and bring some worth to the table.

If all you do is play video games, DnD, watch cartoons and other sophomoric media, and drink, what worth and interest do you bring to the table?

Just like that Hopsin song you told me about...

;)
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 03, 2013, 06:33:07 PM
Quote from: Pæniteo on January 03, 2013, 06:19:00 PM
When a man in the world interacts with me, often this comes up. They do not think about what they do. They think what they do is normal, natural, and everyone does it. Then they meet me (in my personal experience...)

But then this just reinforces my point.

As more and more men have shirked responsibility, good role models have failed to be around as much. 

If there were more "proper" men, the average man would be confronted with his fallen nature more and realize the errors of his way.

The problem is that if the head falls, the body will. We have to lead, and if we fail to do so, disaster ensues. Of course, women have some of the blame, but most of it is on us.

A concept I've recently learned about is how long it takes for the results of an idea to set in. For about 200 years, the West has been bombarded with propaganda denigrating authority, hierarchy, stability, and so on. We are seeing the conclusions of these ideas now.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Bonaventure on January 04, 2013, 01:03:43 AM
The problem is that if the head falls, the body will. We have to lead, and if we fail to do so, disaster ensues. Of course, women have some of the blame, but most of it is on us.

I agree.  And, this is my point, I think.

You see tomes and tomes written on the necessity of women to be "obedient."  Yet, how often do we hear of the man needing to take responsibility?  To fulfill everything that is required of him?  No where near in proportion.  And really, if men are to lead the society and culture, they need their act together to properly lead. 
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 04, 2013, 09:10:15 AM
You see tomes and tomes written on the necessity of women to be "obedient."  Yet, how often do we hear of the man needing to take responsibility?  To fulfill everything that is required of him?  No where near in proportion.  And really, if men are to lead the society and culture, they need their act together to properly lead.

Women should be reading, thinking, and talking about what women need to do.  Men should be reading, thinking, and talking about what men need to do.  It is very bad when people look at what someone else needs to do while avoiding examining their own lives.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

kayla_veronica

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 03, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
Quote from: kayla_veronica on January 03, 2013, 10:01:31 AM

Since they are more physical and visual.... wouldn't it make more sense for them to use adjectives instead of numbers? Numbers reduce the person they are talking about in to something that is not human (at least on the surface). Words like "cute," "pretty," "sexy," or "beautiful," can be categories without ranking. Also they are more accurate as I'm sure everyone has a different picture of what each number would mean.

Men are also more math minded than women, so I think numbers come more naturally than words for them at times.  Numbers might make more sense than saying "kinda cute."

Quote from: kayla_veronica on January 03, 2013, 10:01:31 AM
Another big problem I see with the scale is that it could prevent men from being wholly satisfied with the woman they end up with. What is the pictured "10?" I would venture to guess that it is some type of model or celebrity; these people do not exist in the real world.

I don't think that getting rid of the numbers would prevent disappointment.  In fact, I think it's a good thing for men to be honest about what they can accept.

Whatever the reasons behind number ranking is, it isn't a respectful or wholesome to view a woman as a number.

One could list the reasons behind racist thinking all day, but that doesn't make racism okay.
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: RealJayneK on January 04, 2013, 09:46:13 AM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 04, 2013, 09:10:15 AM

Women should be reading, thinking, and talking about what women need to do.  Men should be reading, thinking, and talking about what men need to do.  It is very bad when people look at what someone else needs to do while avoiding examining their own lives.

Agreed.
-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: kayla_veronica on January 04, 2013, 11:08:06 AM
Whatever the reasons behind number ranking is, it isn't a respectful or wholesome to view a woman as a number.

One could list the reasons behind racist thinking all day, but that doesn't make racism okay.

Eh, I'm not sure of that.  Then again, that's going with the assumption that they are viewing the person as a number rather than as a person with an assigned score.  And yeah, I can see why people think that, because of how they structure it -- "She's a seven."  But then again, we would also say, "She's a blonde."

Numbers work well for generalized conversation -- for example, when people talk about 9's who marry 2's.

And bringing racism into it seems a little excessive, no?

Ben

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 03, 2013, 02:42:46 PM
Quote from: Ben on January 03, 2013, 02:12:34 PM
You are overly concerned with looks. Hence, you are overly offended at a man describing some woman as fat. If she's, fat she's fat. Nothing I can do about it. If I was a fat woman I would dislike being called a big woman.

This.

I'm fat at the moment.  I'm not BIG though -- I still have a small frame and I'm rather short.  There's just a bit of excess on that frame. ;)

Haha!

Voluptuousness should be distinguished from fatness. I notice many women who are voluptuous calling themselves fat. I assume they're taking their cue from the homosexual-dominated fashion industry. Homosexual men have different standards of beauty than do normal men.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Ben on January 04, 2013, 05:22:49 PM
You are overly concerned with looks. Hence, you are overly offended at a man describing some woman as fat. If she's, fat she's fat. Nothing I can do about it. If I was a fat woman I would dislike being called a big woman.

This.

I'm fat at the moment.  I'm not BIG though -- I still have a small frame and I'm rather short.  There's just a bit of excess on that frame. ;)

Haha!

Voluptuousness should be distinguished from fatness. I notice many women who are voluptuous calling themselves fat. I assume they're taking their cue from the homosexual-dominated fashion industry. Homosexual men have different standards of beauty than do normal men.

No, I'm actually fat. Most people are, in America.

Ben

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 04, 2013, 05:26:22 PM
Quote from: Ben on January 04, 2013, 05:22:49 PM

This.

Haha!

No, I'm actually fat. Most people are, in America.

You have statistics to back that up?

OCLittleFlower

•Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are obese: 35.9% (2009-2010)
•Percent of adults age 20 years and over who are overweight (and not obese): 33.3% (2009-2010)
http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm

Adds up to well over 60%.

Ben

I bet a good number of the merely overweight would not be called "fat" if seen walking down the street. I associate fat with amorphousness, where you can no longer see the human form.

OCLittleFlower

Quote from: Ben on January 04, 2013, 05:38:14 PM
I bet a good number of the merely overweight would not be called "fat" if seen walking down the street. I associate fat with amorphousness, where you can no longer see the human form.

I associate it with having too much body fat.

erin is nice

They consider it overweight for women if the waist measurement is over 31 inches, right? Because that's when the health risks go up?