Women's head coverings should be opaque?

Started by GiftOfGod, November 16, 2020, 07:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Jayne on November 22, 2020, 01:34:58 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 22, 2020, 01:09:53 PM
And come Christmas, there will be a Deer Roast and Christmas pudding at the Christmas table. I will have an extra table setting for Gift, as promised, and also one for Jane as promised last year. 

Since you claim to have such a good understanding of mental disorders, perhaps you can tell us which one describes a person who alternates between vicious attacks and displays of friendliness and Christmas cheer.

Isn't it ironic that christulsa was accusing me of "playing mind games"?

Quote from: christulsa on November 17, 2020, 10:59:26 PMI suspect you do, but are just playing mind games with complete strangers for your own personal pleasure, because you don''t have anything better to do with yourself.  THAT would be something you should bring up in Confession.

Sure looks like projection to me.

Quote from: St.Justin on November 22, 2020, 01:14:43 PM
You need to read all of Gifts post. They are full of attacks, name calling, derision, and talking down to people on this forum. Made a name for their self right off the bat.

I encourage everyone to read all of my posts. Anyone honest will see that every instance of attack, name calling, derision, and talking down was done in immediate retaliation.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Maximilian

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 28, 2020, 06:16:23 PM
Anyone honest will see that every instance of attack, name calling, derision, and talking down was done in immediate retaliation.

Yes, true, but "immediate retaliation" is something that we need to learn to overcome if we wish to grow in virtue.

christulsa

Gift.  Let's recap the actual timeline since you're still crying victim after all this time, with a very selective memory.

1. You start posting on SD, arguing with others why you keep telling girls after a few dates about how she won't share ownership of your house or even the rental income when you turn it into a rental (yeah you put that in their too, reread), won't pay for dates, and none of your dates "meant anything to you."  You kept repeating that line, only clarifying it later as "not meaning anything romantically" —>

2.  Others criticized you before I did. I actually defended your reasoning at first. Then made a benign joke about Catholic Match which I clarified was a joke, to correct your approach to dating—->

3.  More posts from you demeaning to women in general.  After that  I suggested you might be a forum troll.  —->

4.  Then you insulted me saying I'm a woman  —->

5. Only after that did I suggest in a short, little post (mea most maxima culpa) that you have a personality disorder IF your bad attitude about women is true.  I then clarified that was an IF/THEN hypothetical, not an actual diagnosis.   —>

6. Then across multiple threads for days you threw a ridiculous hissy fit how mean my few posts were to you. 

I just don't like the damage done by new posters who sound like anti-social narcissistic forum trolls who talk almost word for word like a Dimond bro.  We get a lot here.  Hence my posts. If you're gonna come here and dish out snark and insult to every other poster in every other thread, then grow a pair and learn to be on the receiving end.

Philip G.

The problem on this forum, as with the modern catholic church in general, is that Woman has become the measuring stick.  This of course makes sense as the catholic church for nearly the past 1000 years has steadily replaced worship of Christ with worship of his mother.  But, that is another discussion.  Yes, woman is the barometer.  And, that means, man, upon whose heart is written the law(which deals with actions as opposed to beliefs) can under no circumstance dictate or determine what is right and what is wrong as regards actions(use of veils for example is an action).  Prophets be damned.  "Only Our lady can save us".  The acceptable alpha is an emperor, who is by nature slave of woman at theoretical best.  And, woman, whose duty it is to defend against a backslide of the faith in regards to belief, now consumes herself with fantasies of fifth marian dogmas and marian revelations that revolutionize our ecclesiastical psyche, instead of being a last line of defense against apostasy and despair. 

The reason Gift of God is getting so much hate is because he had the nerve to tell others what is right and wrong.  He may be wrong about many things, but it is quite difficult for a believing celibate male to be wrong about morality.  The dimonds, of all God awful creatures, can even pass that test.
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

St.Justin

You need to read all of Gifts post. They are full of attacks, name calling, derision, and talking down to people on this forum. Made a name for their self right off the bat.

I encourage everyone to read all of my posts. Anyone honest will see that every instance of attack, name calling, derision, and talking down was done in immediate retaliation.
[/quote]

You would be correct only if you see nothing wrong with your self righteous instigation of the attacks

GiftOfGod

Quote from: St.Justin on November 29, 2020, 05:07:59 PM

You would be correct only if you see nothing wrong with your self righteous instigation of the attacks
[/quote]

Cite some examples to back up your insult.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

coffeeandcigarette

Quote from: Philip G. on November 29, 2020, 01:53:10 PM
  He may be wrong about many things, but it is quite difficult for a believing celibate male to be wrong about morality.

Oh my word... :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :hide:

christulsa

Quote from: Philip G. on November 29, 2020, 01:53:10 PM
This of course makes sense as the catholic church for nearly the past 1000 years has steadily replaced worship of Christ with worship of his mother.

I stopped reading as soon as you made your argument's major premise the ridiculous, not to mention heretical, suggestion the Catholic Church has come to worship Mary, the Mother of God. 

Care to correct yourself, Phillip?