Serious Question

Started by Katyn, January 07, 2013, 09:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katyn

What kind of donuts are available at Coffe and Donuts? I hope we are not supporting Starbucks for the coffee. I don't drink coffee, but if I did it would only be Mystic Monk coffee. Are we enjoying Krispy Kremes or Dunkin Donuts??
Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?

Pheo

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Penelope

For my parish's monthly coffee and doughnuts event after Mass, I get the doughnuts from the local Safeway.

Hat And Beard

Quote from: Katyn on January 07, 2013, 09:30:28 PM
What kind of donuts are available at Coffe and Donuts? I hope we are not supporting Starbucks for the coffee. I don't drink coffee, but if I did it would only be Mystic Monk coffee.
We wouldn't be drinking starbucks because it's disgusting. We'd be brewing it ourselves in one of these, and getting it from roasters that do things the traditional way(i.e. roasted just enough to bring the flavor out the beans- lightly roasted).

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Hat And Beard on January 07, 2013, 09:36:39 PM
What kind of donuts are available at Coffe and Donuts? I hope we are not supporting Starbucks for the coffee. I don't drink coffee, but if I did it would only be Mystic Monk coffee.
We wouldn't be drinking starbucks because it's disgusting. We'd be brewing it ourselves in one of these, and getting it from roasters that do things the traditional way(i.e. roasted just enough to bring the flavor out the beans- lightly roasted).

While we're being coffee hipsters, I hope that a Japanese siphon is also on offer because 1.) siphons make fantastic coffee, and 2.) they are one of the more badass brewing methods around.

"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Eliza

Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 07, 2013, 09:45:42 PM
Is there tea?   ;D

Yes, tea! I would be much more apt to mingle if there were tea involved.

Eliza

Quote from: Eliza on January 07, 2013, 09:50:50 PM
Quote from: OCLittleFlower on January 07, 2013, 09:45:42 PM
Is there tea?   ;D

Yes, tea! I would be much more apt to mingle if there were tea involved.

And scones.

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 07, 2013, 09:48:51 PM

While we're being coffee hipsters, I hope that a Japanese siphon is also on offer because 1.) siphons make fantastic coffee, and 2.) they are one of the more badass brewing methods around.

WHY DID YOU NOT POST THIS BEFORE CHRISTMAS
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: tmw89 on January 07, 2013, 09:54:02 PM

Did this forum even exist before Christmas??    ;)

Anyway, it's still Epiphanytide, so...Magi gift.   ;D

"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Hat And Beard

Not worth it. Besides...
http://www.tjbd.co.uk/content/food/chemex-coffee-maker.htm

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Hat And Beard on January 07, 2013, 10:03:04 PM

Not worth it. Besides...
http://www.tjbd.co.uk/content/food/chemex-coffee-maker.htm

Yeah, Bond is cool.  But open flame?  Feeling like you're a scientist every time you make a cup of coffee?  I don't know.  Seems like a toss-up to me.

Hat And Beard

But the chemex is based on filtration from chemistry. And it's considered one of the greatest inventions of modern times.

tmw89

Quote from: EcceQuamBonum on January 07, 2013, 09:56:04 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 07, 2013, 09:54:02 PM

Did this forum even exist before Christmas??    ;)

Anyway, it's still Epiphanytide, so...Magi gift.   ;D

...wow.  Was thinking of newforum v.1, ha.

But yah... Christmas 2013, your first item queued for listing has arrived...
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Hat And Beard on January 07, 2013, 10:13:46 PM
But the chemex is based on filtration from chemistry. And it's considered one of the greatest inventions of modern times.

I will grant you that.  But still:  Open flame.  Beakers.  Science.  ;)  Plus, the siphon doesn't require proprietary filters.