Which Banana

Started by Bonaventure, February 13, 2014, 05:45:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

Would you want to buy? Use for cooking? Just eat? Which is ripe? Why?

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Spooky

#4 I'd eat, #5 & 6 I'd slice into my cereal. #7 is banana bread or
trash.

Sent from my E270BSA using Tapatalk

Spooky

I just want to point out that I'm weird about bananas

Sent from my E270BSA using Tapatalk

Penelope

I'd eat #5 or #6, #7 I'd trash or have someone else bake something with. I'd buy them at really any stage, and then wait to consume them until stages 5, 6, or possibly 7. My guess is that #4 is technically ripe enough to eat.

Pheo

Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

dymphna17

We just recently tried organic bananas.  Wow, what a difference!  We were really surprised at the difference in taste. Wish we could get them all the time.  #5 is choice and #7 is banana bread.  :)

Out of curiosity,  what prompted this poll?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

depends on the strain or where they're grown or something like that. i have eaten completely green bananas that were completely ripe, thats just the kind of bananas that they were.

ordinary bananas yellow please.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Daniel

I would eat #6, #5, or possibly #4.  I don't usually eat #7 but it's good for banana bread.  I would buy any of them (except #7) because the green ones evolve into the yellow ones.

Petrie

Neither.  Bananas give me stomach pains.
Also known as 2Vermont in case you were wondering :-)

Maximilian

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 13, 2014, 08:12:27 PM
We just recently tried organic bananas.  Wow, what a difference!  We were really surprised at the difference in taste. Wish we could get them all the time.  #5 is choice and #7 is banana bread.  :)

Out of curiosity,  what prompted this poll?

Yes, this is true. I don't know why organic bananas are different, but for some reason they are. They stay ripe longer and don't turn black. Our local health food store sells them for only a little more than the price of regular bananas, and they are definitely worth the difference.

VeraeFidei

I would eat #3. I like slightly underripe fruit

Bernadette

Mine would be between #6 and # 7. I like my bananas completely yellow, with lots of little brown speckles on them, but no dark patches.  :tongue:

But I know someone who prefers #4  :vomit:
My Lord and my God.

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."