The Oldest Man/Woman

Started by benedicite, April 06, 2024, 02:53:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

LausTibiChriste

Born the same year Titanic sank - that is wild

Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

drummerboy

"Well done good and faithful servant"
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

benedicite

Maximilian

This is no criticism of the man personally, but he has lived long enough to witness the history of the last century, and it illustrates why some Catholic countries are dying as fast as Japan.

"The couple had six sons and five daughters. The family has now grown to include 42 grandchildren, 18 great-grandchildren, and 12 great-great-grandchildren."

So he had 11 children, and those 11 had 42 children, not up to his level, but still not doing too bad.

Then those 42 grandchildren had only 18 children between them.  Those grandchildren would all be too old today to have more children, so that is it for that generation. Less than 1 child per 2 adults, so less than one fourth of the replacement rate.

The 18 great-grandchildren have had 12 children between them. Theoretically, they could still have more. So possibly if they are lucky they might rise to the level of 1 child each, which at best will be half of the replacement rate.

LausTibiChriste

Trads can critique anything
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie