Classic Bishop Williamson Sermon

Started by Bonaventure, December 27, 2012, 01:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

It's nice Sestak made these videos, but I can't stand the stupid music and images he overlays with these videos.

It really detracts (and distracts) from +Williamson's messages.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

tmw89

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 30, 2012, 10:43:38 PM
It's nice Sestak made these videos, but I can't stand the stupid music and images he overlays with these videos.

It really detracts (and distracts) from +Williamson's messages.

I mostly agree with the above sentiment, although I quite like the "original tribute" video:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWoWispv08s[/yt]
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Kaesekopf

This is not the greatest sermon in the world.... this is just a tribute....

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

tmw89

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2012, 02:53:47 PM
This is not the greatest sermon in the world.... this is just a tribute....

I did not bill it as "the greatest sermon in the world"!  :P
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Greg

The funniest thing Bishop Williamson does is his immitation of wishy-washy modernists.

Always gives me a chuckle.  I do love a good mimic.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Magnificat

Quote from: Greg on January 02, 2013, 10:03:03 PM
The funniest thing Bishop Williamson does is his immitation of wishy-washy modernists.

Always gives me a chuckle.  I do love a good mimic.

I've seen him do an imitation of Pink Floyd. Hilarious!

It is unfortunate that these videos are ruined by the overlays. I don't watch them for that reason. I wish someone would post them unadulterated. The originals must be out there somewhere.

Mithrandylan

It's only been the last two or three Sestak videos that I haven't liked.  I think most of them are great, but recently they seem to be music videos with Bp W imposed throughout, instead of having music and images to supplement his message.  I also told Sestak this.  I don't think he's made a video since!  :(  Hopefully he'll make some more and put the emphasis on the good bishop.  I'm sure he didn't mean any offense, I know he has a high opinion of Williamson.
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Magnificat

Quote from: Mithrandylan on January 05, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
I'm sure he didn't mean any offense, I know he has a high opinion of Williamson.

Of that I have no doubt. It's just a personal preference thing.

tmw89

Quote from: Magnificat on January 05, 2013, 03:02:09 PMI've seen him do an imitation of Pink Floyd. Hilarious!

Don't suppose you saw this in a video?  If not, what was the specific context/reference?  Not to grill you or anything... just curious!

---

Magnificat

Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 05:17:58 PM
Quote from: Magnificat on January 05, 2013, 03:02:09 PMI've seen him do an imitation of Pink Floyd. Hilarious!

Don't suppose you saw this in a video?  If not, what was the specific context/reference?  Not to grill you or anything... just curious!

No, it is sadly not on video. He did a series of semi-private conferences that I was lucky enough to attend (quite some time ago). One conference was about love, I guess you could say. He covered male/female differences and how they show love in different ways as well as true vs false loves, such as romanticism. He used some examples from poetry and modern music as well. He sang "Oh babe, oh babe" in his typical mimicking way. Obviously it made the impression he was hoping for because I have not forgotten it! We had studied the lyrics of a couple of songs of The Wall so it all tied together in a general Pink Floyd theme.

tmw89

Quote from: Magnificat on January 05, 2013, 06:00:12 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on January 05, 2013, 05:17:58 PM

No, it is sadly not on video. He did a series of semi-private conferences that I was lucky enough to attend (quite some time ago). One conference was about love, I guess you could say. He covered male/female differences and how they show love in different ways as well as true vs false loves, such as romanticism. He used some examples from poetry and modern music as well. He sang "Oh babe, oh babe" in his typical mimicking way. Obviously it made the impression he was hoping for because I have not forgotten it! We had studied the lyrics of a couple of songs of The Wall so it all tied together in a general Pink Floyd theme.

Ha!  Not to derail into the Education/Women thread, but... I just have to wonder what the good Bishop makes of the line "We don't need no education!"  --as much as he might not like the rest of the Pink Floyd catalog, I'd bet he'd make a diamond in the rough out of that lyric!

---

Bonaventure

That's why we love Bishop Williamson. It doesn't get any better than a trad bishop imitating Pink Floyd.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Mithrandylan on January 05, 2013, 03:35:50 PM
It's only been the last two or three Sestak videos that I haven't liked.  I think most of them are great, but recently they seem to be music videos with Bp W imposed throughout, instead of having music and images to supplement his message.  I also told Sestak this.  I don't think he's made a video since!  :(  Hopefully he'll make some more and put the emphasis on the good bishop.  I'm sure he didn't mean any offense, I know he has a high opinion of Williamson.

Does he still?

I think Sestak is in the +Fellay "camp."

tmw89

:o

The plot thickens.

(also, we need a more respectable *gasp* smiley)

---