"Restoring The Bastions: The Church Militant At War"

Started by Coastal GA Trad, May 07, 2013, 05:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coastal GA Trad

This is a book that has just been published by Father Dominic Mary of the Pillar OP. Father Dominic is a Traditional Catholic Priest ordained in 1996 by His Grace Bishop Williamson and is now the Chaplin at the traditional church i attend in Jacksonville Fl.

http://www.amazon.com/Restoring-Bastions-Church-Militant-War/dp/1482647060/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1367603432&sr=1-1&keywords=restoring+the+bastion
What is left there to do? My dear brethren, (...) I think I can say that we need to make a crusade based on the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, leaning on the invincible rock and that inexhaustible source of grace which is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass."

His Grace Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, sermon  on his jubilee in 1979.

I am a traditional Catholic and a Royalist in Coastal Georgia.

"O Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and our own most gentle Queen and Mother, look down in mercy upon England, thy Dowry, and upon us all who greatly hope and trust in thee. Through thee it was that Jesus our Saviour and our Hope was given unto the world; and he hath given thee to us that we might hope still more. Plead for us thy children, whom thou didst receive and accept at the foot of the Cross, O sorrowful Mother. Intercede for our separated English brethren, that they may be united with us in the one true Fold. Pray for us all, dear Mother, that by faith fruitful in good works, we may all deserve to see and praise God together with thee in our heavenly home. Amen."- Prayer for the Conversion of England.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Coastal GA Trad

Unfortunately not. However he did give a brief introduction to it in his sermon two weeks ago. Father said that the copies should be ordered for the chapel bookstore sometime this or next week ( he has to do some revisions to the front cover because the photo didn't come out straight or something like that). Also, if you go on the link to Amazon you can preview it and get a good idea of what it is about.
What is left there to do? My dear brethren, (...) I think I can say that we need to make a crusade based on the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the Blood of Our Lord Jesus Christ, leaning on the invincible rock and that inexhaustible source of grace which is the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass."

His Grace Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, sermon  on his jubilee in 1979.

I am a traditional Catholic and a Royalist in Coastal Georgia.

"O Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, and our own most gentle Queen and Mother, look down in mercy upon England, thy Dowry, and upon us all who greatly hope and trust in thee. Through thee it was that Jesus our Saviour and our Hope was given unto the world; and he hath given thee to us that we might hope still more. Plead for us thy children, whom thou didst receive and accept at the foot of the Cross, O sorrowful Mother. Intercede for our separated English brethren, that they may be united with us in the one true Fold. Pray for us all, dear Mother, that by faith fruitful in good works, we may all deserve to see and praise God together with thee in our heavenly home. Amen."- Prayer for the Conversion of England.

Jayne

Quote from: Coastal GA Trad on May 07, 2013, 07:35:07 AM
Unfortunately not. However he did give a brief introduction to it in his sermon two weeks ago. Father said that the copies should be ordered for the chapel bookstore sometime this or next week ( he has to do some revisions to the front cover because the photo didn't come out straight or something like that). Also, if you go on the link to Amazon you can preview it and get a good idea of what it is about.

I looked through the table of contents.  It looks really good.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Lynne

Yes, it looks very good. It needs to be available on the Kindle though! I've added it to my wishlist.  :)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Geremia