Only Christ Can Unify (Homily)

Started by nmoerbeek, October 18, 2020, 10:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmoerbeek

Homily given today at the Priory for World Mission Sunday.

[yt][/yt]
"Let me, however, beg of Your Beatitude...
not to think so much of what I have written, as of my good and kind intentions. Please look for the truths of which I speak rather than for beauty of expression. Where I do not come up to your expectations, pardon me, and put my shortcomings down, please, to lack of time and stress of business." St. Bonaventure, From the Preface of Holiness of Life.

Apostolate:
http://www.alleluiaaudiobooks.com/
Contributor:
http://unamsanctamcatholicam.blogspot.com/
Lay Association:
http://www.militiatempli.net/

Greg

How would He do it right now in the USA?

Let's say Christ appeared in Washington DC and said "vote Trump".

Do you think the radical left and people with TDS would listen?

These are people that think Bergoglio praying to pagan idols in the Vatican is a good and culturally sensitive thing.  The first commandment means absolutely nothing to them.  Why would they listen?  Are they even capable of listening and comprehending.

If Christ said, "don't worry about the climate it is just a natural cycle".  I have nothing against factories and cars as long as you don't pollute just for the sake of it, do you think Greta Thunberg would just say, "Oh....I must have been wrong then"?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

dellery

Quote from: Greg on October 18, 2020, 10:44:21 AM
How would He do it right now in the USA?

Let's say Christ appeared in Washington DC and said "vote Trump".

Do you think the radical left and people with TDS would listen?

These are people that think Bergoglio praying to pagan idols in the Vatican is a good and culturally sensitive thing.  The first commandment means absolutely nothing to them.  Why would they listen?  Are they even capable of listening and comprehending.

If Christ said, "don't worry about the climate it is just a natural cycle".  I have nothing against factories and cars as long as you don't pollute just for the sake of it, do you think Greta Thunberg would just say, "Oh....I must have been wrong then"?

@6:42
QuoteIt was precisely that, hope, which flickered in the heart of the ruler of Caffarno(?); only later when that hope was found confirmed by the miraculous action of the Divine Savior, in the healing of his son from afar, that initial longing sprang in the ruler's heart into divine faith when the hour of that healing was confirmed to him.

This is a very good sermon and a blessing to receive.
Blessed are those who plant trees under whose shade they will never sit.

The closer you get to life the better death will be; the closer you get to death the better life will be.

Nous Defions
St. Phillip Neri, pray for us.

Greg

I don't see it.  Would make a mockery of freewill.

Modern people are evil and want to be evil.  They know it is a baby and they don't care about killing it.  It is all about them and their selfish desires.

God has to kill them off or allow them to be killed off.  At no point in recorded history has he stepped in and converted those who have had the truth and rejected it.  They are nearly always killed off by circumstances.

Look at the evidence against Biden.  They are willfully blind.  God cannot save such people because he would have to interfere with their free-will and then he would be saving automatons, not humans.  Hope and mercy cannot negate justice.

I cannot judge individuals, by I can judge the humans in the western world enmasse.  Most of them are bastards.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.