I'm back

Started by christulsa, November 27, 2019, 03:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tales

Quote from: christulsa on November 30, 2019, 10:28:23 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on November 29, 2019, 12:40:47 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 27, 2019, 09:14:37 PM

That or bring in one of the dozens of priests who've left their diocese to just say the TLM, to live there as a pastor. 

I'm always so moved by this witness.  We have a few such priests in our area who have done the same thing.  Takes courage and sacrifice.  This phenomenon should also encourage trads that there exists real passion among the clergy, even diocesan clergy, for Tradition.  We need to do what we can to support such priests, morally and practically.  I don't know how we do the latter.  Would such a priest, above, living as pastor be financially supported by the TLM attendees?  Truthfully, I don't know how such priests survive now, either.

There needs to be a website where these priests in limbo can network and receive donations.  There's just not enough room for all of them to join the FSSP or SSPX.  I know of two such brave men in my own local Church, myself Miriam.  A growing sub-movement of the wider TLM movement.

I think this is an idea which needs more consideration.  Materially aiding these priests is very important but I suspect they are rightfully afraid to be publicly outed.  Is there a way to benefit from this without basically handing over a list to the Vatican of whom to defrock?

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on November 30, 2019, 11:36:18 AM
Quote from: christulsa on November 30, 2019, 10:39:19 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 28, 2019, 05:52:21 AM
Welcome back, Chris. Thanks for helping my pal move and watching his kids.

Sure thing.  He rewarded us with pizza that day, and when meeting a local trad friend at an English pub he even bought me dessert.  Though it seems his own dessert may have been reportedly the culprit behind GI distress later that evening.  There are hazards of all kinds moving to a state still reminiscent of the old Wild West.  On the surface here, see, people are rugged and cantankerous in a relatively benign kind of way, but deep down we Okies are salt of the earth.  Generally speaking.  Yessir.

Noice.

Ja whol.  I tried to impress our new transplant to the Heartland by asking our British waiter (whose Yorkshire accent, and personality, reminded me actually of Greg) to invite the old British woman who owns the pub to visit our table, and try out a series of semi-profane British jokes on her.  She laughed it up, but my new friend-in-the-flesh only chuckled a bit.  One tries.  ;)

But we did polish off the cheese plate, and had a pretty good time.  Even took a pic of the guys standing next to a life size cut out of the Queen.  I have a pic of it on my phone.

christulsa

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on November 30, 2019, 09:16:08 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 30, 2019, 10:28:23 AM
Quote from: Miriam_M on November 29, 2019, 12:40:47 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 27, 2019, 09:14:37 PM

That or bring in one of the dozens of priests who've left their diocese to just say the TLM, to live there as a pastor. 

I'm always so moved by this witness.  We have a few such priests in our area who have done the same thing.  Takes courage and sacrifice.  This phenomenon should also encourage trads that there exists real passion among the clergy, even diocesan clergy, for Tradition.  We need to do what we can to support such priests, morally and practically.  I don't know how we do the latter.  Would such a priest, above, living as pastor be financially supported by the TLM attendees?  Truthfully, I don't know how such priests survive now, either.

There needs to be a website where these priests in limbo can network and receive donations.  There's just not enough room for all of them to join the FSSP or SSPX.  I know of two such brave men in my own local Church, myself Miriam.  A growing sub-movement of the wider TLM movement.

I think this is an idea which needs more consideration.  Materially aiding these priests is very important but I suspect they are rightfully afraid to be publicly outed.  Is there a way to benefit from this without basically handing over a list to the Vatican of whom to defrock?

I don't know. Time for us men to man up. Do what's right in our work and let the chips fall where they may.  Fr Rodriguez is the best example, IMO.

Heinrich

Quote from: christulsa on November 30, 2019, 09:33:22 PM

Sure thing.  He rewarded us with pizza that day, and when meeting a local trad friend at an English pub he even bought me dessert.  Though it seems his own dessert may have been reportedly the culprit behind GI distress later that evening.  There are hazards of all kinds moving to a state still reminiscent of the old Wild West.  On the surface here, see, people are rugged and cantankerous in a relatively benign kind of way, but deep down we Okies are salt of the earth.  Generally speaking.  Yessir.

Noice.

Ja whol.  I tried to impress our new transplant to the Heartland by asking our British waiter (whose Yorkshire accent, and personality, reminded me actually of Greg) to invite the old British woman who owns the pub to visit our table, and try out a series of semi-profane British jokes on her.  She laughed it up, but my new friend-in-the-flesh only chuckled a bit.  One tries.  ;)

But we did polish off the cheese plate, and had a pretty good time.  Even took a pic of the guys standing next to a life size cut out of the Queen.  I have a pic of it on my phone.

St. Edward and St. George are English.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

christulsa

Quote from: Heinrich on December 01, 2019, 01:23:19 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 30, 2019, 09:33:22 PM

Noice.

St. Edward and St. George are English.

As was Henry VIIIth...but I think Gardener chuckled even more when I asked the owner if she was Church of England or Roman Catholic, and when she said Church of England I asked "is it okay for us papists to visit your pub?"   She herself laughed understandably "oh yes you are welcome too."  Bob's your uncle, Heinrich.

Jayne

Quote from: christulsa on November 27, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
What the hell.  Greg and Jayne broke their self-perma-ban. 

I did not break my word to only post as often as Greg did. 

I am writing this post because I am reasonably sure that Greg is posting here under a different name, Maxim Gun.  You are dropping hints about this, Chris, including the above.  Do you actually know this or are you just speculating based on the similarities of style and views?

(If I am wrong about that poster being Greg, then I will continue with the original agreement and give Greg a free post to make up for this one.)
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Sempronius

Quote from: Jayne on December 05, 2019, 01:57:57 PM
Quote from: christulsa on November 27, 2019, 03:14:33 PM
What the hell.  Greg and Jayne broke their self-perma-ban. 

I did not break my word to only post as often as Greg did. 

I am writing this post because I am reasonably sure that Greg is posting here under a different name, Maxim Gun.  You are dropping hints about this, Chris, including the above.  Do you actually know this or are you just speculating based on the similarities of style and views?

(If I am wrong about that poster being Greg, then I will continue with the original agreement and give Greg a free post to make up for this one.)

I could bet money that Maxim is not Greg

Heinrich

How do we know that Maxim Gun isn't a Sock of yours, Jayne?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Padraig

MaximGun as Greg actually fits pretty nicely.

Tales

I think their writing styles are sufficiently different.

I do wish you both would end your exiles.

christulsa

The Ghost of Christmas Future appeared to me in a dream last night.  He showed us all getting along here, including Greg and Jayne!   The stockings were hung by the chimney with care.  And Mr. Edwards showed up with tin cups and candy canes for the little Ingalls girls.  'Tis the Season to be jolly!  And to forgive!

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-LskIkM9wY[/yt]

red solo cup

Quote from: Davis Blank - EG on December 05, 2019, 09:14:24 PM
I think their writing styles are sufficiently different.

I do wish you both would end your exiles.
+1
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Responses to my last post have only increased my suspicions that Maxim is Greg.  My decision to only post when Greg does presupposes that I am able to know when Greg is posting. I no longer have reasonable certainty on this.  It now appears logically impossible to keep my word so I will attempt to resolve this question.
The game is afoot.

Let me start by answering this:
Quote from: Heinrich on December 05, 2019, 07:01:21 PM
How do we know that Maxim Gun isn't a Sock of yours, Jayne?

It would be out of character for me. For one thing it would break the forum rules, rules that I have made a point to follow ever since I joined this forum at its founding seven years ago.  For another, I have never created a "sock puppet" account.  The closest I have come is making an account on another forum with a different name from the one I use here and deliberately changing my writing style to disguise my identity from those familiar with both forums.  One that occasion, I made deliberate grammar and spelling mistakes and used a lower level of vocabulary.  I did not espouse positions that I strongly disagree with such as consequentialism, a view taken by Maxim.

Greg, on the other hand, posts on Cathinfo, using the name Tallin Trad, after having been banned there. It is an open secret.  He started off with posts that disguised his writing style (evidence that he is capable of doing this) but later stopped making the effort and is easily recognizable.  He threw me off the scent at first by being polite to me but I saw it eventually. He too did not change his positions when in disguise. (And no, I could not be posting as Tallin Trad.  TT has mentioned that Greg has 7 children, a fact that has not appeared on any of the trad forums where I see Greg's posts, my only source of knowledge.  A couple of years ago, when Greg last mentioned his number of children he had six of them. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY, GREG! )

Another clue is that Greg changed his avatar around the time that Maxim appeared. As I wrote to "Watson" (a forum member that I have been bouncing my theories off of, who may reveal his identity if he wishes) in a PM:

QuoteWhen he first left the forum to stop me from posting he made it a picture of crazed Bilbo with a text along the lines of "Some sacrifices are worth making."  In other words, he was sacrificing his ability to post.  Around the time that Maxim appeared, the avatar became bald Michael Jackson with the text "I now self-identify as Michael Jackson."  This very well may mean "I have changed my identity."

Also, as I mentioned already, responses to my first post about this are not what I would have expected if Maxim were not Greg. There was no denial from Greg by way of Kaesekopf (as happened in this post: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=20779.msg456913#msg456913)  There was no denial from Maxim either, although both of them have logged into the forum since I wrote it and are likely to be aware of it.

Greg's ally, christulsa, when asked why he was dropping hints about this gave an evasive non-answer.  He also had this exchange with you, Heinrich, another Greg ally:
Quote from: christulsa on December 07, 2019, 10:20:19 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on December 07, 2019, 10:01:00 AM
Quote from: christulsa on December 04, 2019, 06:36:02 PM
To answer your question, if you tried to push me off the bridge (or someone I love) either a) I would fight you like a rabid bear and be the one to throw you off, or b) we're going over the edge together.   PS I heard you had a good visit with Gardener and Heinrich.  Cheers.   :cheeseheadbeer:

Wait, the (Coloradan) Scotsman US Marine friend of ours who lives in the gateway to the SW of Colorado is now posting here?

Hmm, so MaximGun a) lives in Colorado, b) is a US Marine?  That would rule out Greg, Gardener since he's now an Okie, and you since you moved east.   The mystery continues.  Where is Inspector Gadget (Saturday cartoon morning reference) when you need him?

For those who do not know, it has been mentioned on this forum that Greg had a visit with Heinrich and Gardener at one point.  The response from Heinrich that would make sense if Maxim were not Greg is "The only forum member who has ever visited Gardener and me is Greg. We did not see Maxim."  Instead we got the above misdirection from the fact that Greg ever made this visit.

Any one of these things alone could easily have an alternative explanation.  For there to be this many clues coincidentally all pointing the same direction, however, seems unlikely. At this point, I have little reason to think that Maxim is not Greg.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

christulsa

Your conclusion seems logical, Jayne.  Now you two come out in the open, kiss and make up, and have some good 'ol fashion forum fun!   :)
Perhaps you could start a new thread in this sub-forum to re-engage your interaction with Greg.   

Tales

Sounds good to me, all sides win.  It'll be a merry Christmas this year!

Jayne, what do you think about the nature of evil as discussed by KR?

Greg, what do you think about that new Elton John movie funded by the Vatican?