What was your first car?

Started by Bonaventure, December 27, 2012, 03:55:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Kaesekopf

Toyota RAV4 in the color shown.

Love that car.  V6, AWD, crossover SUV. 

The new generation is changed.  It is a V4.  What use is a V4?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Francisco Suárez

It costed $2, my weekly pocket money when I was about 6 years old.

Penelope

The first car I drove or the first car I owned?

Hat And Beard

Looked pretty similar to this(it had been repainted maroon by a previous owner).

Mithrandylan

Philly, that is such a beaner wagon.  I'm picturing a rosary hanging from the rearview and a Sacred Heart sticker on the dash.  Maybe some flames on the side and a Mexican flag decal on the rear window.  wut wut
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Mithrandylan

Quote from: Penelope on December 27, 2012, 01:35:49 PM

Which one has a better story behind it?

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Bonaventure

Quote from: Mithrandylan on December 27, 2012, 03:40:59 PM
Philly, that is such a beaner wagon.  I'm picturing a rosary hanging from the rearview and a Sacred Heart sticker on the dash.  Maybe some flames on the side and a Mexican flag decal on the rear window.  wut wut

LOL
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Penelope

Quote from: Mithrandylan on December 27, 2012, 03:41:57 PM
Quote from: Penelope on December 27, 2012, 01:35:49 PM

Which one has a better story behind it?

Neither. The first car I drove looked like this:
2000 (I think?) Hyundai Sonata in this color. It was my dad's car, but he went out and bought a used bright blue pick-up truck when I got my license so that I would have something to drive to school. He said he had always wanted a pick-up.

The first car I owned is the one I bought just over a year ago, a 2011 Mazda 2 in the pictured color:
This is what I drive now. There were a couple other family cars in between the Sonata and the Mazda 2 that I drove as well.

Edit: How do I resize the image?

Lyubov

Quote from: Penelope on December 27, 2012, 06:48:56 PM
The first car I owned is the one I bought just over a year ago, a 2011 Mazda 2 in the pictured color:

The smiley car! I want one.
??? ?? ??? ????????
?? ??? ?????? ?????.

Penelope

I really do love my Mazda 2. I would recommend a Mazda to anyone who is in the market for a new car.

peanut

Latest article: Corporate assessment centres - deranged products of mercantile delusion: http://bit.ly/16Nq0Tf

EcceQuamBonum

Laser Blue 2005 Mazda Protegé, which I still drive.

Looks something like this:

Only mine doesn't have a sweet spoiler.  Also, the Mazda logo fell off a few weeks ago...   
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--

Penelope

I used to drive a Protegé, too! Mine (well, my parents') was a 2003 (I think?) green Protegé that we got second-hand from an older couple in New Jersey after my brother totalled the Camry that my grandmother had given us after the Sonata died. My parents let me trade in the Protegé toward my new Mazda 2, but it wasn't worth much. Just as an idea of how sad my Protegé had become: one of the side view mirrors had been duct taped in place after some jerk knocked it off driving up my street one Saturday night. Imagine being about to merge onto the interstate to go to Mass one Sunday morning when all of a sudden, you realize that that strange noise is your passenger-side mirror flapping in the breeze and smacking your car window. Unpleasant.

EcceQuamBonum

Quote from: Penelope on December 27, 2012, 07:56:53 PM
I used to drive a Protegé, too! Mine (well, my parents') was a 2003 (I think?) green Protegé that we got second-hand from an older couple in New Jersey after my brother totalled the Camry that my grandmother had given us after the Sonata died. My parents let me trade in the Protegé toward my new Mazda 2, but it wasn't worth much. Just as an idea of how sad my Protegé had become: one of the side view mirrors had been duct taped in place after some jerk knocked it off driving up my street one Saturday night. Imagine being about to merge onto the interstate to go to Mass one Sunday morning when all of a sudden, you realize that that strange noise is your passenger-side mirror flapping in the breeze and smacking your car window. Unpleasant.

Actually, mine is a 2003, too.  I think they stopped making them in 2003, in fact.  I don't know why I thought it was an '05.  My Protegé has been through quite a bit.  At one point or another all the interior door handles have broken off.  My passenger-side mirror also fell off, but it had nothing to do with its being hit.  It just sort of broke off one day and was sort of flopping around there, hahaha.

I still love it, though.  It's a very fun car to drive, especially on curvy, hilly roads (of which we have many in east TN and central VA).

I went to Québec a few years ago (both Montréal and Québec City).  I've never seen so many Protegés!  It must be the national car of the Québecois.  At least every fifth car I saw in Q.C. was a Protegé.  Odd.  I felt strangely at home.   ;)
"Sero Te amavi, Pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova.  Sero Te amavi!"-Confessions, X.27

"You've thought about eternity for twenty-five minutes and think you've come to some interesting conclusions."--